• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Anyone know what the lapel width on the Sienna is?

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is your height and what size did you order? The lapel width looks great on you.

I'm a size 34r and about 5'7 at 145lbs. The suit fits well, arm length is actually spot on, just my shirt is too long. I purchased the Havana to see if it works better with my shoulders since they are more muscular, but the Lazio isn't a bad fit for me. I'll see which one I like more, then make the return.

ferdsje

Reaction score

Went to SS today and bought this waistcoat, really liked how it looks and fits. And saw this jacket.. the fabric is great, what are your thought on it?
I own this jacket (will post pics later), the fit it's great and it's a good value for the money. On the other hand, i found the burgundy colour a little bit difficult to pair with. Hope this helps you

MxmHrpr

Reaction score
Quickly ran a desaturation brush over this orange wool-silk overcoat, man I'd jump on this so quickly if it were an actual product. Saw the orange fabric in the store, great texture, weight and price just can't get behind the colour.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Quickly ran a desaturation brush over this orange wool-silk overcoat, man I'd jump on this so quickly if it were an actual product. Saw the orange fabric in the store, great texture, weight and price just can't get behind the colour.

I agree, your version does look better.

I've just ordered this:

Though there's a chance I may return it for 2 reasons if it's not great.

1. The Madison lapels may overpower my slim frame.

2. The fabric looks quite different from what I'm used to, not sure what that type of fabric is called (with the white bits in the fabric), can anyone help me with the name of it?

Will post pics, if possible!

MrTopCat

Reaction score
I think the fabric is called "donegal".

"While the weavers in County Donegal provide a number of different tweed fabrics, including herringbone and check patterns, the area is best known for a plain-weave cloth of differently-coloured warp and weft, with small pieces of yarn in various colours woven in at irregular intervals to produce a heathered effect. Such fabric is often labeled as "donegal" (with a lowercase "d") regardless of its provenance."

Seems about right, thank you!

Peaked

Reaction score
I think you'll love the fabric. I saw it in store the other day and it's gorgeous. I almost pulled the trigger on the similar Washington Half in gray.

I'm not sure what it is but the Washington Half always seems to look awful on the website and great in person.

SS 376

Reaction score
Any hope for swole guys?

Tried on the york style (40R, navy single breasted) today and the napoli (it was ok, but prefer the bigger lapels of the york) and the chest stuck out/puckered too much. The associate said that none of the suitsupply suits would fit me properly because my chest is too big and i should consider getting made-to-measure. (fyi, im 5'11", 185lbs, 31" waist)

Was he just trying to up-sell me? or should i buy it and take it to a good tailor to have it altered?

I have roughly similar stats and my tailor is able to make the 40R Napoli work for me but it is a snug fit and I never had any problem with the lapels. Maybe try a 42R? I may get a Washington or a Lazio next--not sure if it will be the same outcome though.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
I think you'll love the fabric. I saw it in store the other day and it's gorgeous. I almost pulled the trigger on the similar Washington Half in gray.

I'm not sure what it is but the Washington Half always seems to look awful on the website and great in person.

If the Madison's actual fit and detailing doesn't work on me, I think I'll order that Washington half in gray if it's still available at the time. I'm mostly worried about the huge lapels on the Madison.

Also, size 32 seems to become sold out extremely quickly due to them not really stocking much of the size.

Last edited:

Baked Potato

Reaction score

"While the weavers in County Donegal provide a number of different tweed fabrics, including herringbone and check patterns, the area is best known for a plain-weave cloth of differently-coloured warp and weft, with [COLOR=FF0000]small pieces of yarn in various colours woven in at irregular intervals[/COLOR] to produce a heathered effect. Such fabric is often labeled as "donegal" (with a lowercase "d") regardless of its provenance."

Seems about right, thank you!

You're welcome! :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads