• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fadeawayyx

Reaction score
Disappointed with Suitsupply London. I don't know if they have a thread on styleforum so I will post this here.
A couple of minor problems with my suit were pointed out during a store visit/measuring session and not fixed prior to delivery.
Finally I have spotted a larger problem with the suit now it has been delivered - a hole about the size of my little finger in the jacket sleeve stitching. Not impressed.

ryanohare

Reaction score

Disappointed with Suitsupply London. I don't know if they have a thread on styleforum so I will post this here.
A couple of minor problems with my suit were pointed out during a store visit/measuring session and not fixed prior to delivery.
Finally I have spotted a larger problem with the suit now it has been delivered - a hole about the size of my little finger in the jacket sleeve stitching. Not impressed.

The one just off Jermyn St?? I've been to about 10 SS stores around the world, and no store quite embodies shite service like that London one. Typically aloof middle-England wankers. You work in Suit Supply dude, your shirts are 40 quid, you're not Agnelli.

alessandromo

Reaction score
What do you think about the quality of the fabric? - it's priced at a premium to their other wools. Would the jacket work as an odd jacket, given that it's the Havana?

I'm really pleased with the quality and it definitely feels like great value for money. The fabric has a dry feel to it and springs back to life from creases etc.

In terms of colour, the photo on the site is pretty much spot on (at least on my macbook) and i'd describe it as a mid-blue with hints of lilac.

I'll try and post a picture on my blog next week.

Last edited:

sean anon

Reaction score

That tobacco Havana looks great. I just received a navy blue wool jacket in the Havana cut and seeing how it fits me well OTR, I'm tempted to get this one also!

Tobacco linen looks really nice. Seeing it in person how do you think it matches someone with an dark olive complexion?

Wish it was offered as a suit. I'd like the option to wear it as a suit and separates

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tobacco linen looks really nice. Seeing it in person how do you think it matches someone with an dark olive complexion?

Wish it was offered as a suit. I'd like the option to wear it as a suit and separates

Are you talking about the tobacco jacket or the navy blue wool one? Cause I have only seen the navy in real life, not the linen one. As for the skin tone, I can't say. If you're talking about the navy blue one, I tend to think (maybe foolishly) that this kind of navy can be pulled off by mostly skin tones!

LEgoiste

Reaction score
Wore my Copenhagen linen suit (also, SS linen tie) yesterday...

I'm going to have the sleeves shortened a little bit.

Last edited:

sean anon

Reaction score

Are you talking about the tobacco jacket or the navy blue wool one? Cause I have only seen the navy in real life, not the linen one. As for the skin tone, I can't say. If you're talking about the navy blue one, I tend to think (maybe foolishly) that this kind of navy can be pulled off by mostly skin tones!

My mistake. I read your post as having bought the tobacco colored sportcoat. Anyone else have this?

Navy does match everyone well but that that gets boring.

Celadon

Reaction score
Bought a linen Havana suit and was disappointed to find that the trouser lining / half-lining (or whatever it is called when it covers the front of the thigh down to or just above the knee) is polyester. The rest of the insides of the trousers (pockets etc.) feel like they could be cotton or a cotton blend, but the wash tag only says that the lining is 100% polyester.

I'll need to ask the tailor how difficult it is to have the lining removed or replaced. A polyester lining seems to defeat the purpose of linen clothing.

Spex

Reaction score
Bought a linen Havana suit and was disappointed to find that the trouser lining / half-lining (or whatever it is called when it covers the front of the thigh down to or just above the knee) is polyester. The rest of the insides of the trousers (pockets etc.) feel like they could be cotton or a cotton blend, but the wash tag only says that the lining is 100% polyester.

I'll need to ask the tailor how difficult it is to have the lining removed or replaced. A polyester lining seems to defeat the purpose of linen clothing.

That is disappointing. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of linen trousers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads