• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

allegrokev

Reaction score
Does SS have any suits with a deconstructed jacket? Keen for something for summer.

I have the royal blue cotton/silk Copenhagen - love it. Wore it many times this summer. It is very light-weight but the high silk % means it probably doesn't breathe quite as well as it could.

Last edited:

hennree

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got a size 34R Washington recently and the blazer fits quite nicely and the trousers fit nicely shape-wise. However, they've painfully tight around the waist. I know there is a little room to let out on the waist, however I'm concerned that they may still be too tight in other places and I was wondering if you guys think opening the waist out would solve that?

I don't want to be in a position where I've had some trousers altered and can't return them!

They're so tight, if I kept them on for more than 5 minutes there is a high chance I would faint.:nodding:

Thanks

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys,

I got a size 34R Washington recently and the blazer fits quite nicely and the trousers fit nicely shape-wise. However, they've painfully tight around the waist. I know there is a little room to let out on the waist, however I'm concerned that they may still be too tight in other places and I was wondering if you guys think opening the waist out would solve that?

I don't want to be in a position where I've had some trousers altered and can't return them!

They're so tight, if I kept them on for more than 5 minutes there is a high chance I would faint.:nodding:

Thanks

Please put on a shirt.

Poncho1992

Reaction score
Posted about 2 months back about a Sienna I bought from SS that didn't fit very well. This was the suit:

More pictures of it and the critique that followed can be found earlier in this thread. Anyway, getting to the point - SS accepted that the suit shouldn't have the problems it did and offered me a MTM suit as an exchange, which they allowed me to pick any fabric (all costs covered by SS!). I'll be going in at some point next week now that the suit has been finished and shipped to them, so I'll be uploading fit pics for everyone to look at as soon as I get it. I've noticed there aren't a great deal of MTM photo's on here, so it should make a nice change. It will be a very nice, but very boring navy.

We can look forward to it together.

Last edited:

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
50EU = 40R US
25EU = 40S US
100EU = 40L US

Extrapolate from there.

Just to explain the logic behind Euro sizing. It goes:

UK Sizing + 10

So a 38 is a 48

Then if you are a Short, you half it - so 24

If you are a Long, you double it - so 98

Short sizes also have the next size up pants - so a 24 (38S) will have 34 trousers, instead of the 32 (drop 6) that comes with a 38R.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

UK Sizing + 10

So a 38 is a 48

Short sizes also have the next size up pants - so a 24 (38S) will have 34 trousers, instead of the 32 (drop 6) that comes with a 38R. 

Strange, my 42 shorts are drop 6 (Jort and Lazio) except for the Napoli which is drop 7.

facet

Reaction score

UK Sizing + 10

So a 38 is a 48

Interesting. Thanks for the clarification.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
More pics and details?
Hey there, sorry, I only snapped the one pic as it was a "selfie". Next time I wear it I will pair with SS trousers and shirt (more pics)
The jacket you see is the 100% wool washington cut from the spring/summer collection. Its been mild here in NYC lately, so I've extended it's run prior to the inevitable freeze.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads