• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What pleco said is correct. Only La Spall/Jort is fully canvassed. The others are all half canvassed.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Napoli navy plain which is a pretty standard issue navy suit. Does anyone have the Napoli blue plain? It appears to be bluer on their site, but curious if anyone has both IRL and can tell me if it's too blue for an office setting.

makaveli

Reaction score

I have the Napoli navy plain which is a pretty standard issue navy suit. Does anyone have the Napoli blue plain? It appears to be bluer on their site, but curious if anyone has both IRL and can tell me if it's too blue for an office setting.

Had the same concerns and just received the Napoli blue and think its just fine. The color on the site is a bit exaggerated IMO. Granted, I haven't had a chance to wear it in broad daylight but its more of a dusky blue than bright blue if that makes sense.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've asked in the London stores. The assistants all concur and I believe the forum does too. If you email their customer service, I can all but guarantee you they will say the same as well.

All my ss stuff is half-canvassed. Just do the pinch test and find out for yourself.

Thanks for the insight gent's

Last edited:

destiny7

Reaction score
I recently purchased Suit Supply Blue Plain Napoli P3458i
http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit...fv1=Purple Line $469&prefn2=color&prefv2=Blue

Review:

Live in Toronto had to make my purchase online I was hoping suit will be more darker navy but its almost air force blue. Had to get major alterations since I am 40r had to lengthen arms. Good slim fit. One thing I am not very impressed by is that its very uncomfortable to wear it in summer, I am not sure why.

atoms

Reaction score
This is the unstructured jacket I mentioned earlier, size 34. I tried on a 32 which fit absolutely perfectly in the shoulders but there wasn't enough material to let out in the waist (and it really needed it). Tugged on my shirt sleeve too hard but you get the idea. As mentioned, I think this coat is very versatile.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I recently purchased Suit Supply Blue Plain Napoli P3458i 
http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit...fv1=Purple Line $469&prefn2=color&prefv2=Blue

Review: 

Live in Toronto had to  make my purchase online I was hoping suit will be more darker navy but its almost air force blue. Had to get major alterations since I am 40r had to lengthen arms. Good slim fit. One thing I am not very impressed by is that its very uncomfortable to wear it in summer, I am not sure why. 

Had the same concerns and just received the Napoli blue and think its just fine. The color on the site is a bit exaggerated IMO. Granted, I haven't had a chance to wear it in broad daylight but its more of a dusky blue than bright blue if that makes sense.

Any chance you guys could snap a cloth pic while outside? No biggie if not, but curious what it looks like in natural light.

louloufafa

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the copenhagen jackets fit? Their Havana 38S fits me great. Should I get a 38R or even a 40R for the copenhagen fit since the copenhagen seems shorter and a lot slimmer at the wait?

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm kinda pissed at SS right now... they said they received a return on one of my suits but they STILL haven't processed the return (almost approaching 20 days)...

Kroaker

Reaction score
i'm kinda pissed at SS right now... they said they received a return on one of my suits but they STILL haven't processed the return (almost approaching 20 days)...
I've never had that kind of problem with them. I hope you've called to ask what's up?

Danno

Reaction score
This is the unstructured jacket I mentioned earlier, size 34. I tried on a 32 which fit absolutely perfectly in the shoulders but there wasn't enough material to let out in the waist (and it really needed it). Tugged on my shirt sleeve too hard but you get the idea. As mentioned, I think this coat is very versatile.

This looks good, mind posting your height/weight?

facet

Reaction score

That looks very nice atoms. Thanks for sharing and enjoy.

atoms

Reaction score
Thanks! You never know how others will view things. As a reminder, the Havana Brown Check pictured is a 34R.

I am 5'10", 135-140 pounds. 36" chest, 32" around my natural waist (I wear a size 29 in Levi's), 16" shoulders (which makes it very difficult to get OTR clothes.). I usually wear a 32" in shirt sleeve length. I have a weird body shape because I'm thin (non-muscular, but not without) and carry fat collected at my man-boobs and gut. I'm an older gentlemen as you might tell and am lacking that youthful structure :)

As a side note for comparison, the Washington cut fits me TIGHTLY in a size 36R. It's tight everywhere, arms, armpits, shoulders, chest, and waist. However the linen one I bought can be let out almost 1.5" and it's currently at the tailor where we're letting it out at the side seams 1". If that's not enough then we'll let out a bit more on the back seam. I like it specifically because of the tight fit as it'll be the only coat I own like that and it's a nice change from everything else. The tailor wanted me to loosen it in other areas until I explained the look I was after.

I hope this is helpful for others.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics