• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kischi

Reaction score

That looks great- keep them! I have that same overcoat-- did you find the arm widths larger than their typical stuff? I thought that was odd.

Thx. To be honest, I find the sleeves rather slim, which is a good thing for me. BTW I wear size 35 UK/44 EU.

Keep! That DB is super-sweet! Is the fabric more flanelly or worsted? Might want to buy this model but don't want a winter only suit.

Thx. It's definitively a flanell-like fabric and therefore rather an autumn/winter suit. They used to offer the same model in a lighter fabric. It can be seen here:

http://suitsupply.tumblr.com/page/8

You could try to contact the customer service and ask if it is still available in your size. Sometimes they're officially sold out on their website, but still have a few in the stores.

filterq

Reaction score

This is a 38R Havana fit jacket that has not been touched by a tailor. I feel like the shorter length means I could wear it more casually, perhaps with jeans.

I agree it looks a little tight. It may be the way you're standing. It's hard to tell with just one photo. I don't know if having a long would help though. If it's too tight in one lenth, it is usally in another (unless it's due to where the buttoning point is). Overall the length looks good though since the sleeves sit where they are supposed to and the jacket is meant to be that short. May just want to have it let out a little.

filterq

Reaction score

Cross-post form The Tailor's Thread: This light grey suit and the blue coat came in last week from Suit Supply. No alterations yet. What do you think - keep or return? Sorry for crappy pics.

Keep! That DB is super-sweet! Is the fabric more flanelly or worsted? Might want to buy this model but don't want a winter only suit.

Agree, the Suit and coat both look great. I have a couple Soho cut suits from this season as well (the navy and charcoal from the site) and both are fairly heavier weights as well. The Navy pinstripe is cotton and a little bit lighter weight. I love both of them and am now contemplating getting that DB coat as well.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree that a shorter length really helps to wear a jacket with jeans, but that jacket is too small for you.  It's too tight and something about the top button looks really off.  Like you need a L in this particular jacket instead of a R.

I agree it looks a little tight. It may be the way you're standing. It's hard to tell with just one photo. I don't know if having a long would help though. If it's too tight in one lenth, it is usally in another (unless it's due to where the buttoning point is). Overall the length looks good though since the sleeves sit where they are supposed to and the jacket is meant to be that short. May just want to have it let out a little.

When I visited NYC I wanted to try this jacket in person before buying online. A few days beforehand it disappeared from the website. When I got to the store they didn't have any either. However, the manager told me another employee was holding a 38R in the office for himself and that I could have it if I wanted. I agree that I probably should have gone up to a 40, but it was this or nothing, I really liked the fabric, the sizing is great through the arms, I like the slightly more casual length, so I pulled the trigger.

It is just hair snug in the shoulders, maybe quarter inch. Plus I'm wearing a shirt and sweater so that adds to the smaller look through the body. If I buy another Havana fit, I'd probably size up.

Last edited:

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cross-post form The Tailor's Thread: This light grey suit and the blue coat came in last week from Suit Supply. No alterations yet. What do you think - keep or return? Sorry for crappy pics.

Both items have a great fit - keepers!

Kamala

Reaction score
Is the overcoat made bigger in the arms to allow for comfort if wearing a suit underneath?

dufferin1

Reaction score
Thoughts on SuitSupply's scarves? They look great.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, is anyone aware of other suits they offer in multiple pant/jacket sizes? Someone told me I was fairly lucky that I picked a suit that I could exchange the pants for a larger size (Bought a 40R, exchanged pants from a 34 to 36 because of 'goalie thighs'). Or have they changed the policy so you get what you get in terms of pants.

Last edited:

Prof. B. Bear

Reaction score

This is a 38R Havana fit jacket that has not been touched by a tailor. I feel like the shorter length means I could wear it more casually, perhaps with jeans.

Honestly as much as I like the jacket, the buttoning point is WAY too high. Doesn't look good at all. As you said the length is fine for a casual jacket, but the buttoning point being at your solar plexus makes it look ridiculous.

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you try on the other overcoats by any chance? That blue one is thin, in my experience, and I'm wondering if the pure cashmere ones are thick/more substantial.

Miklas

Reaction score
Just got my plain blue Napoli. No alterations yet but will get the pants shortened ASAP. Apart from that I think it fits fine.

kischi

Reaction score

Did you try on the other overcoats by any chance? That blue one is thin, in my experience, and I'm wondering if the pure cashmere ones are thick/more substantial.

It's really quite thin. No, haven't tried the other coats, as I find the styling a bit dull.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads