• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ville_e

Reaction score
Thanks for your views. What is their nicest three piece and suit they have on offer? I saw a few on the website but I'd really appreciate hearing your views (from those that have seen the suits in person etc.).

Which would you pick from these (i'm tall):

Lazio 3P (grey check)

Washington 3P light grey

Lazio 3P blue

I am obviously looking for versatility in the suit and the possibility of wearing the jacket on its own as a sportscoat.

Last edited:

cwoodson

Reaction score
The pinstripe naopli is available in separates. It doesn't say so online, but you can get one size jacket and another size pants. I found the 32W pants that go with the 38R jacket (napoli model) were too tight in the thigh. While the thigh can be taken out by a tailor, the 34W pants fit like a glove. I called suitsupply and was able to get the 38R jacket with the 34W pants in the navy pinstripe suit. You may want to do the same.

Newlaw

Reaction score
I just got back from the new Washington, DC store. I was really excited to see their jackets up close and personal. I planned my whole Sunday around the trip as I had to trek across the city.

Unfortunately, the customer service was deplorable - it was nonexistant. I was in the store for over 45 minutes and was not acknowledged once. I have never tried on so many jackets and suit coats in a mens store without being approached.

The store was well laid out and the associates were well dressed. But walking around in well tailored jackets with your socks showing doesn't create a good customer experience. In their defense, they were busy. Its not like associates were standing around, but again, it would have taken five seconds for someone to stop and say "Hey I noticed you've been in here a while trying on jackets. I'd love to answer any questions as soon as I'm done with the current customer."

Suitsupply spends a ton of time reminding everyone about their italian fabrics and canvassed jackets (most of them looked fantastic in person). They should spend a little time thinking about the in store customer experience.

Last edited:

TauKappaEpsilon

Reaction score
I just got back from the new Washington, DC store. I was really excited to see their jackets up close and personal. I planned my whole Sunday around the trip as I had to trek across the city.
Unfortunately, the customer service was deplorable - it was nonexistant. I was in the store for over 45 minutes and was not acknowledged once. I have never tried on so many jackets and suit coats in a mens store without being approached.
The store was well laid out and the associates were well dressed. But walking around in well tailored jackets with your socks showing doesn't create a good customer experience. In their defense, they were busy. Its not like associates were standing around, but again, it would have taken five seconds for someone to stop and say "Hey I noticed you've been in here a while trying on jackets. I'd love to answer any questions as soon as I'm done with the current customer."
Suitsupply spends a ton of time reminding everyone about their italian fabrics and canvassed jackets (most of them looked fantastic in person). They should spend a little time thinking about the in store customer experience.
I've been there many times and they always come right over to me as soon as I walk in. Most times I have several people come over when I walk in. They must've been unusually busy, give them another try sometime soon. Try to work with either CB or Rob.

Newlaw

Reaction score

I've been there many times and they always come right over to me as soon as I walk in.  Most times I have several people come over when I walk in.  They must've been unusually busy, give them another try sometime soon.  Try to work with either CB or Rob.

I'll give them another try eventually because their products do look great. Today was just a huge let down. Maybe I'll call ahead next time and see if one of the guys you mentioned is available at a certain time.

TauKappaEpsilon

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads