• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EthansAlley

Reaction score
Debating between these two suits. What are your opinions? Three piece has a nicer colour but the two-piece fits better (even though they are both Havana). I have to let out the three piece to make it fit as well.

Two piece is flannel wool, makes it seem more like a winter suit.

View attachment 1512967 View attachment 1512969

@archipel I like the wide lapel flannel for the green suit (I have it myself and it looks great). The 3-piece suit looks like a formal, business suit, and green is not a good color for that. The wide lapel is less formal and more casual looking, which is more appropriate for a green suit.

archipel

Reaction score
I don’t know if people in this thread know about this, otherwise I will ask it in a tailors thread. Does the first picture indicate that my jacket was altered? Second picture is my good fitting Havana jacket. Seems like at the first jacket some lining is taken together to make the jacket more tight. Second jacket has a flat lining.

98FAE86F-D691-4BD9-A411-B90A4296EAA6.jpeg

6A60BB6C-768D-4779-8873-ABD8CA8B7AB1.jpeg

Maybe @Noblekostas you know?

Attachments

• EF3F9634-AC62-49EF-8346-E080CC85F040.jpeg
    EF3F9634-AC62-49EF-8346-E080CC85F040.jpeg
    594.4 KB · Views: 65

dapper3

Reaction score

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Noblekostas

I purchased these a few years ago: https://suitsupply.com/en-us/men/shoes/dark-brown-double-monk-strap/FW1102.html

During the last outlet I purchased the more expensive "Italian Leather" monk straps which normally go for $449. I received them today and the quality seems to be the same.

Care to shed some light on the differences that were communicated to you when you were at Suitsupply?
We didn’t carry that model range so unfortunately I can’t tell you anything sorry! I couldn’t see a difference on paper really.

lexxdeleon

Reaction score
@Noblekostas

I purchased these a few years ago: https://suitsupply.com/en-us/men/shoes/dark-brown-double-monk-strap/FW1102.html

During the last outlet I purchased the more expensive "Italian Leather" monk straps which normally go for $449. I received them today and the quality seems to be the same.

Care to shed some light on the differences that were communicated to you when you were at Suitsupply?

The store I worked at carried both $299 (now $249?) and $449 monk straps. The more expensive model had a slim beveled waist, more burnishing//possibly hand finished patina and a closed channel sole that was finished quite nicely. From what I remember, my colleague had a pair and the leather did wear better over time compared to the standard line. The overall finishing was pretty nice too, much better than the standard line. There was a noticeable difference between the two, the last shape was also different.

dapper3

Reaction score
The store I worked at carried both $299 (now $249?) and $449 monk straps. The more expensive model had a slim beveled waist, more burnishing//possibly hand finished patina and a closed channel sole that was finished quite nicely. From what I remember, my colleague had a pair and the leather did wear better over time compared to the standard line. The overall finishing was pretty nice too, much better than the standard line. There was a noticeable difference between the two, the last shape was also different.

Got it, thanks!

Happy that I got them for $145. Would be absolutely pissed if I paid $449 for them.

acg2010

Reaction score
Anyone else had an outlet order that they sent a shipped email, but after several days the tracking number doesn’t show it was actually shipped?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I reached out to customer service and they said that it is 14 business days to process. I have lost my interest now, if I don't receive a shipping update by tomorrow I will cancel. I think I would rather save my money and buy some MTM instead.

For anyone wondering...I wore my MTM suit today with...well you shall see.
7BD0CE3E-081F-4F0F-A22A-49D4640E610A.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads