• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

St1X

Reaction score
FYI, Norway has no physical SuitSupply stores. However, I think it would still be better to go to Stockholm if there was one. As much as I dread to admit it, Swedish men are better dressed than Norwegians on average.
There's one in Stockholm, but unfortunately people I trusted to understand the proper fit no longer work there, so one has to really understand it themselves. And I agree on the value for the money.
Another alternative in Stockholm I can recommend is the Grand Le Mar - made in China to the slightly better standard as SuSu and seems to be at a lower price point nowadays. Huge plus - they don't do the skinny pants, they know their pleats and rise well

A-Lawson

Reaction score
There's one in Stockholm, but unfortunately people I trusted to understand the proper fit no longer work there, so one has to really understand it themselves. And I agree on the value for the money.
Another alternative in Stockholm I can recommend is the Grand Le Mar - made in China to the slightly better standard as SuSu and seems to be at a lower price point nowadays. Huge plus - they don't do the skinny pants, they know their pleats and rise well
Yes, I meant I would probably advice Norwegian people to use the one in Stockholm, even if Norway has a physical store.

Interesting brand. How do you find the standard slightly better?

St1X

Reaction score
Yes, I meant I would probably advice Norwegian people to use the one in Stockholm, even if Norway has a physical store.

Interesting brand. How do you find the standard slightly better?
When I've done an MTM suits with them they had more customization options than Suitsupply. But SuSu greatly extended their options some time in 2020, so this point might no longer be valid.
Another thing that I liked about GLM more was the rubber band sewn into an inner waist of the trousers to help keep your shirt tucked in. And the last detail that I remember - GLM had a pick stitching all around the sleeve opening, while SuSu has it for 2 cm only

ThatGuy

Reaction score
I wish SuitSupply had a library of some sort with real life illustrations of their styles. Anyways, this is the natural shoulders:

View attachment 1931383
They look a lot more structured and bumpy than the one I initially posted. Nevertheless, since there is free return I might try the natural shirt one.

On a side note, I should probably invest some time in taking better pictures :D
Is that what they are calling natural shoulders? Looks very structured. I would not buy that if I was going for a natural unstructured look.

BTW, does anyone have any reviews on the quality of their cotton shirts? What's the quality of their stitching like. I know they use some of the well-known mills for their higher priced shirts. However, the models look more like bar workers rather than office drones.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Is that what they are calling natural shoulders? Looks very structured. I would not buy that if I was going for a natural unstructured look.

BTW, does anyone have any reviews on the quality of their cotton shirts? What's the quality of their stitching like. I know they use some of the well-known mills for their higher priced shirts. However, the models look more like bar workers rather than office drones.
Yep, natural shoulders.

ThatGuy

Reaction score
2.5 lowers it about 1/4'' or so, yes.

As far as I know you only get Lazio as a base now. My guess is that these are the standard width lapels, as they don't have the stupid buttonhole placement of the wide lapels.
I was just thinking about picking up a new suit. After looking at some of the pictures posted in the last few pages I noticed the lapels are extremely wide. Is this a Suit Supply thing? Personally not a fan of the structured shoulder and wide lapels look, so wondering if they do anything with a more natural look.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
I was just thinking about picking up a new suit. After looking at some of the pictures posted in the last few pages I noticed the lapels are extremely wide. Is this a Suit Supply thing? Personally not a fan of the structured shoulder and wide lapels look, so wondering if they do anything with a more natural look.
I just ordered unconstructed shoulders. Will see how that turns out. I usually pick wide lapels (11.5 cm I think) but you can choose the normal width as well.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
In case it helps, 3.5" is the standard width for notch lapels. That's what I usually get when I order MTM. I also have 2 havana-fit jackets that have the newer 'widened lapel', measuring exactly 4" (as taken by me - I have no idea what they claim them to be). I have a wider chest and shoulders, so the wider lapels don't look out of proportion, though they do look a little trend-chasey IMO, then I work at a bank and tend to keep things pretty low-key.

KWang94

Reaction score

Have two MTM shirts from them. Overpriced in my mind/nothing special

ThatGuy

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Can you recommend any other reasonably priced shirts that use fabrics from decent mills? I do like Thomas Mason and usually buy shirts made from their fabrics. Am definitely keen to not pay too much.

A-Lawson

Reaction score
Is there a consensus on which is slimmer fitting OTR, SuSu or Pini Parma?
I can only comment on their raglan, which was surprisingly spacious compared to SS coats.

Pini Parma coats are comically short, though, as with most OTR coats these days.
Agreed. The only good thing is quite a nice selection of fabrics, but the amount of options and details available is quite depressing. Even much cheaper alternatives of MTM with worse fabrics have the options of split yoke, back pleats, collar stiffness and a larger selection of collars. Small collars annoy me.
Thanks for the feedback. Can you recommend any other reasonably priced shirts that use fabrics from decent mills? I do like Thomas Mason and usually buy shirts made from their fabrics. Am definitely keen to not pay too much.
Cavour shirts on sale are fantastic if you like the styling (quality- to cost-wise), and Spier & Mackay's "Handmade" (Monti, not Mason) is decent for the price if you can wear RTW. Albini fabrics are also fantastic.

A-Lawson

Reaction score
SuitSupply customer service in a nutshell:

1681772827229.png

1681772878457.png

1681772950598.png

1681773001321.png

maxresdefault.jpg

1681773112067.png

A-Lawson

Reaction score
Did you really not know how this collar looks? Why wouldn’t you just Google it?
To answer your question politely despite what it deserves:

I really didn't, and still don't know "how this collar looks" like in person.
I did Google it, and it yielded no results.

To me, the latter would seem intuitively obvious.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads