• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys it's a pair of Tod's :) Bought them via Luxeswap/Spoopoker.

Last edited:

Clark

Reaction score
Loake Pimlico in dark brown suede:

KSJQb.jpg

XSOYW.jpg

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hampton, Tods once again only in a different color?
Clark, great shoe for autumn/winter days without a lot of salt out on the streets.
How many of those do you have up north in Sweden?
Do they run a regular or narrow width?

Clark

Reaction score

Hampton, Tods once again only in a different color?
Clark, great shoe for autumn/winter days without a lot of salt out on the streets.
How many of those do you have up north in Sweden?

:D. It is not actually too bad where I live, and they only salt the highways, but of course grainy leather is better for an all-round winter shoe but I already have plenty of these.

Do they run a regular or narrow width?

I haven't worn them much, but my initial thought when trying them on is that they run slightly big and wider than they look. They are an F fit, which is regular.

BTW, I got them at a great price at Pediwear; I'm a Loake member there (become one when I bought a couple of Loake shoes 5 years ago), so I got £25 discount, plus free shoe trees and a free tie. All for £162 shipped.

/C

Last edited:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from "Rock Your Socks"

EG 888 with PS socks, BB pants:

Last edited:

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still on the prowl for some suede kicks. Here's the deal, I work in a fairly formal office so I could only get some Friday usage out of suede from time to time. With a couple of 2yo's running around the house, my wife and I don't go out too often. So my ability to wear them is limited. Therefore, I don't want to spend much. Really $200 is all I care to do.

I found the Florsheim Haviland, which I thought was interesting because it had a longwing style. However, when I received them I found the shoes to be pretty clunky. I am a slim guy, and at first review they look wrong with all of my pants - dress, chino, or jeans. Sort of like I am wearing my own pants but a bigger person's shoes.

So now I'm back to square one. I know this may be hard given that people on SF don't typically dip to the sub $200 price point (or sub $300 or $400 or $800 :)) but if anyone has ideas of a slimmer lasted shoe I am all ears. The answer might be nothing, which is fine. This is a "nice to have" instead of "must have" purchase. thanks in advance.

Edit: I am also talking about a dress shoe model, not chukka.

Last edited:

jmills

Reaction score
The gold standard for sleek seems to be Carmina x The Armory suede shoes on the Simpson last, is that what you are thinking of as slim? In the lower price range, there are some reasonable options. My suggestions are the semi-sleek Loake Aldwych in suede (pictured, order from here) or one of the four kinds of Meermins.

Last edited:

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still on the prowl for some suede kicks. Here's the deal, I work in a fairly formal office so I could only get some Friday usage out of suede from time to time. With a couple of 2yo's running around the house, my wife and I don't go out too often. So my ability to wear them is limited. Therefore, I don't want to spend much. Really $200 is all I care to do.
I found the Florsheim Haviland, which I thought was interesting because it had a longwing style. However, when I received them I found the shoes to be pretty clunky. I am a slim guy, and at first review they look wrong with all of my pants - dress, chino, or jeans. Sort of like I am wearing my own pants but a bigger person's shoes.
So now I'm back to square one. I know this may be hard given that people on SF don't typically dip to the sub $200 price point (or sub $300 or $400 or $800
smile.gif
) but if anyone has ideas of a slimmer lasted shoe I am all ears. The answer might be nothing, which is fine. This is a "nice to have" instead of "must have" purchase. thanks in advance.
Allen Edmonds Player in chocolate suede

SHS

Reaction score

So now I'm back to square one. I know this may be hard given that people on SF don't typically dip to the sub $200 price point (or sub $300 or $400 or $800 :)) but if anyone has ideas of a slimmer lasted shoe I am all ears. The answer might be nothing, which is fine. This is a "nice to have" instead of "must have" purchase. thanks in advance.

Bexley has some cheapish suede shoes if you can find a model you like.

Last edited:

owin

Reaction score
those suede shoes are perfect but really hard to take care,

any instructions how to make em look good

any step, rain or dust make it look ugly and very hard to restore

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those suede shoes are perfect but really hard to take care,

any instructions how to make em look good

any step, rain or dust make it look ugly and very hard to restore
Just some spray and that's it. Not hard at all.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads