• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sub 50k cars

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
ok so I am getting to the point that the car I roll up in makes a difference professionally. I already have a dedicated road course car and a little honda hypermiller.... neither of those are going anywhere but I need something on the professional end.

I'm a car guy: I have a penchant for modifying cars and I have a hard time giving up my clutch pedal. I will only buy new. Other than leather, I opt out of almost all non-performance options.

Budget is about 50k... kinda tempted by the mercedes cla amg or base slk. bmw has some interesting builds but I'm not completely sold and really not digging audi at the moment. I really want to pick up a used lotus but I really can't have another track toy. Kinda have a guilty pleasure for the interior of the BMW I3, like maybe really crushing on it's interior, but not sure if I can fully commit to EV (I have a charge station at work but my garage might need an overhaul to support charging).

I just need some random feedback.

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caddy CTS / ATS sedan/coupe, Audi S4/S5, MB C350 coupe (I think the four door looks like balls but the coupe rules). You could wait for the Jaguar XE.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am assuming you don't need to take clients around in your cars, given the small size of the SLK/CLA.

If your objective is to impress, non-car people won't know that you have a CLA AMG and will be more impressed with a base E class. Plus that is just a more useful car if you already have fun cars for long hauls, taking friends around, etc.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Subscribed for douchieness.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These cars arent 50k after taxes, maintenance, packages, etc. My A4 with nav came out to $45k after tax...and S4 would be 10k more. You dont want to be the guy who has a Merc but too cheap to buy any options at all.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just get a GTI and then you can namedrop like "So, I was talking to Zuckerberg, and he highly recommended I pick one up for myself to see what all of the fuss was about"

chevron

Reaction score
Caddy CTS, the new ones look quite impressive

fiagucale

Reaction score
Plus that is just a more useful car if you already have fun cars for long hauls, taking friends around, etc.
32.gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads