• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE.

PanTadeusz

Reaction score
Out of curiosity do people place bids on a special dedicated page ? How is a bid assured, how can one give assurance of the seriousness of a bid ? Is there a certain reputation level entry requirement ?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
"Gentlemen's agreement". No special page. If you place a bid here, you are supposed to honor it.

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nice bidding guys. I'll throw in 2 Benjamin ties also to the winning bidder! @fok am I allowed to do that?

Benjamin ties made in Como Italy by same factory as your typical highly revered $125-$175 Italian brands. :slayer:

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice bidding guys. I'll throw in 2 Benjamin ties also to the winning bidder! @fok am I allowed to do that?

Benjamin ties made in Como Italy by same factory as your typical highly revered $125-$175 Italian brands.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Absolutely allowed.

$350 gets us up to $2K in just 2 auctions! Bid generously, guys!

Cheers,

Fok.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Absolutely allowed.  

$350 gets us up to $2K in just 2 auctions! Bid generously, guys!

Cheers,

Fok.

Cool - then let's make it 3 Benjamin ties - one to go with each shirt!

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Fok,

Did you see my PM?

AP

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like @PASstudy takes it for $300. A nice deal and thanks to both you and to @eHaberdasher for your generosity.

If you could please email me at [email protected], for further instructions, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Auction 3: Grey "Ice Twist" Ring Jacket from The Armoury.
Ends Wednesday, Dec 7, 2016. 7 p.m. PST​

Let's start the bidding... now.

This auction is for a grey Ring Jacket Ice Twist Wool/Silk Core 184 Suit, retail $1540, courtesy of our affiliates The Armoury.

Ring Jacket are recognized as one of the finest Japanese ready-to-wear producers today. Since 1954, they have built a reputation for creating quality garments blending Japanese, British and American sensibilities with a southern Italian flair. They are one of the few producers who can say their production is completely Japanese, often collaborating with Japanese mills to create unique and distinctive cloths not available anywhere else. Their garments deliver incredible style and quality at an extremely reasonable price. Since 1957, their Kaizuka-City, Osaka, factory has served as their base of operations and continues to grow, joined by a new factory in 1990 at Kuzumi town, Oita. Over the 1960s, Ring Jacket developed a reputation as a small, but unique manufacturer, bringing a refined look to comfortable ready-to-wear pieces. Since then, Ring Jacket has developed a unique sewing style they can truly call their own.

Ring Jacket's "184" suit is a soft garment all around. It has a rounded shoulder and large sleevehead with a slightly shorter body and higher notch lapels. It's a\ go-to suit model for a slim, classic look. This model is made up in an "Ice Twist" Wool/Silk Blend that is breathable and cool.
Includes flat front trousers to match. We have sizes 42-52 (EU) available.

Retail: $1540

Let's start the bidding at $775. The minimum increment on a bid will be $50. Please announce bids on this thread. If you wish to be anonymous, you may PM me, and I will proxy the bid for you.

Important note: The bidding will not end if there has been a bid in the last 10 minutes, regardless of time. So, for example, if there is a bid at 2:59 Monday morning, the bidding will go on until 3:09, and if there is a bid before or at that time, the bidding will continue. Essentially, sniping is not going to be effective. It's for charity, y'all.

Here are some pictures to make you all weep and bid generously and often:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads