• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StyfoJapan Photo Journal (for those who don't know, this means Styleforum in Japan)

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just want to say thanks to the StyFoJapan crew for these amazing words and photos! Wish I was there. Planning a trip during winter though so all this is getting me even more excited :D.

Dunno whether you guys have any plans to check out the Yohji flagship store, would be cool to see you guys in some of the denim pieces!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I too would like to say that this has been incredibly entertaining. It was a good idea really made to shine by the talents and interests of the StyFoJapanSquad.

Wonderful and thoughtful writing by @Synthese, really terrific photos (to be credited to @nicelynice?), and obvious general bonhomie by @spacepope and the rest of the squad.

It seems clear that everyone there was having a really nice time, and I did too following along.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, great stuff, guys! I just caught up with this thread, and I am pretty sure that this is the best photo ever posted on here.

SeNzC7o.jpg

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Question: Will the Cat Cat Cat Cat Cat Cat Cat cosplay photo be available for general avatar use, or do I need to seek written permission from StyleForum first?

hennree

Reaction score
thoroughly enjoyed this guys.

compared to the pitti stuff, the content was far more interesting for me personally, which made it all the more enjoyable when partnered with the high quality writing & pics that is seemingly guaranteed with these trips.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

thoroughly enjoyed this guys.

compared to the pitti stuff, the content was far more interesting for me personally, which made it all the more enjoyable when partnered with the high quality writing & pics that is seemingly guaranteed with these trips.

the big difference in with Piti was that it didn't have much pics. i liked the writing and the funny story of Pn/p ma+ sale. But it would of been nice to have a visual. In this case, NN, Spope and Synth have lotsa pics and stories. Also remember florence is tiny compared to Tokyo which is NY sized city.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

the big difference in with Piti was that it didn't have much pics. i liked the writing and the funny story of Pn/p ma+ sale. But it would of been nice to have a visual. In this case, NN, Spope and Synth have lotsa pics and stories. Also remember florence is tiny compared to Tokyo which is NY sized city.

Tokyo is actually about 50% larger than New York in terms of population. :teach:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

IMO, @Synthese is not suffering enough on this trip. I told him he must suffer for our enjoyment. Better see some Jasper learns sump for our benefit pics soon

Well I hope he makes with the Bildungsroman quick then, so you'll send him out again to learn and suffer and post videos of candy aisles for us.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
IMO, @Synthese is not suffering enough on this trip. I told him he must suffer for our enjoyment. Better see some Jasper learns sump for our benefit pics soon

This is what happens when you make him EDC and properly inventory his chap stick

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sefiroth Collection? Final Fantasy 7 Remake?

Coincidence? I think NOT
Looking forward to seeing lots of flowing black trench coats and ****. Hell, maybe the models will even have long white wigs this time around.

Last edited:

hennree

Reaction score

This is true. I didn't find myself laughing as much as I did during his pitti write ups, and i'm pretty sure this is the reason.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thing is this is not the "real" content of the Japan trip, I think; this is almost like liveblogging. Actual articles are coming later.

(I think.)

Yep! This is the Japan version of the Pittilogues. I, for one, have been very grateful to go on a trip that was not abject misery both physical and philosophical, regardless of Fok's level of entertainment. Anyway, yesterday was my last day in Tokyo; back to the Rockies this afternoon with just enough time to eat a last Lawson onigiri and buy some sweets.

Stay tuned for more - there is plenty to come, just as there will be from the poor bastards at Pitti Uomo, who are even now standing around in the plaza in suits. You can follow them by subscribing to the #Pitti88 tag. It sounds like David is already loving life.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads