• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StyfoJapan Photo Journal (for those who don't know, this means Styleforum in Japan)

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
at tsukiji? are you going to sushi dai, sushi bun, or somewhere else?

psydle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You wear em with a1923/ccp?

Ya!

Like I said, they have fewer pouch patches and are a lot more grunge / goth rather than futuristic. The basic setup of the bondage rings plus angled tactical pockets is consistent thru all the iterations.

The really skinny waxed ones were from the collections from 2008-2010.
27b896f6983a86c37659b946f21819e4.jpg

The extra stuff hanging off are separate gas mask accessories I don't have and these are shown in leather but you get the idea. That's the rider jacket I have too only in black. This was my favorite era of Julius although I do really love a lot of the stuff from Crack, Halo, Chaos and Glitch too.

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

at tsukiji? are you going to sushi dai, sushi bun, or somewhere else?

Sushi Dai et al are all fantastic but IMO just not worth the wait -- can't appreciate it after standing around for a couple hours. My go-to rec is Sushi Tomi, still in the outer market but off the main drag. Great prices during weekdays and rarely a wait

http://s.tabelog.com/tokyo/A1313/A131301/13078722/

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

**** those cows

I'm curious, sinnedk. Does your aversion to cows extend past footwear and leather goods? Like, will you only eat horse meat on a regular basis because the thought of eating plebian beef just bothers you to no end? Will A5 wagyu please your palette? I would love to know more, given that I have yet to try such expensive wagyu. You see, when I last went to Japan, the yen was incredibly strong (about 70 yen to the dollar), so even considering having A5 wagyu for a meal was out of the question...

Well, back to horse meat... I'm particularly fond of basashi myself, but it is impossible to procure in the US, which is a shame. I remember having horse rib slightly seared on the outside with shochu at the basashi joint I visited, and to this day, I still have fond memories of that night... What about kudu, goat, and lamb? Have you tried any of them? I mean, lamb's pretty easy to get in the great ol' United States of Amurrka. Does the idea of lamb meat touching your tongue disgust you at how blasé it is for a connoisseur such as yourself? How about dog meat? It is very popular in Korea and Vietnam, should it rub your fancy. It's technically illegal in Seoul ever since the 1988 Olympics, but it's actually not that difficult to get it... you can often ask older taxi drivers to take you to their favorite place, and they'll take you to their little secret dive joint.

So please, enlighten me in your worldly ways. What do you think cowsareforeating would say about this? You know he works at Archive SF now.

Last edited:

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Sushi Dai et al are all fantastic but IMO just not worth the wait -- can't appreciate it after standing around for a couple hours. My go-to rec is Sushi Tomi, still in the outer market but off the main drag. Great prices during weekdays and rarely a wait

http://s.tabelog.com/tokyo/A1313/A131301/13078722/

The wait at Da Wo is okay, long queues but it moves quickly. I waited once in the Sushi Dai queue for over an hour and it didn't move at all.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm curious, sinnedk. Does your aversion to cows extend past footwear and leather goods? Like, will you only eat horse meat on a regular basis because the thought of eating plebian beef just bothers you to no end? Will A5 wagyu please your palette? I would love to know more, given that I have yet to try such expensive wagyu. You see, when I last went to Japan, the yen was incredibly strong (about 70 yen to the dollar), so even considering having A5 wagyu for a meal was out of the question...

Well, back to horse meat... I'm particularly fond of basashi myself, but it is impossible to procure in the US, which is a shame. I remember having horse rib slightly seared on the outside with shochu at the basashi joint I visited, and to this day, I still have fond memories of that night... What about kudu, goat, and lamb? Have you tried any of them? I mean, lamb's pretty easy to get in the great ol' United States of Amurrka. Does the idea of lamb meat touching your tongue disgust you at how blasé it is for a connoisseur such as yourself? How about dog meat? It is very popular in Korea and Vietnam, should it rub your fancy. It's technically illegal in Seoul ever since the 1988 Olympics, but it's actually not that difficult to get it... you can often ask older taxi drivers to take you to their favorite place, and they'll take you to their little secret dive joint.

So please, enlighten me in your worldly ways. What do you think cowsareforeating would say about this? You know he works at Archive SF now.

Not sure if trolling :tounge:

1. Calf aversion - My aversion to calf is only extended to shoes. I feel like i buy expensive footwear and want a more interesting leather also horse is more resilient to scratches and crap. For jackets and other leather pieces i am more open minded. Of course if i saw something i loved thats made of calf i'd say ******* and buy it.

2. Eating habits - I have never tried horse and wouldn't even know where to get it. I may be open to trying but won't go out of my way for it. Would be one of those when in rome type situations. Beef/lamb are delicious, eat them all the time. No dog for me. I have tried deer and bison in the past, they are delicious and i would have no qualms of wearing things made out of either animals. Goat i tried as well, don't remember if i liked it too much... kudu again i can try eating my a1923 and report back, somehow i think the taste will be bland.

3. cowsareforeating would agree with me and say sin stop by the archive more. I think i actually met him, seems like a cool dude, was nice to me everytime i was there. Awlouie is there as well, forget his first name, and David the owner is chill. Good store wish i could afford more.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ya!

Like I said, they have fewer pouch patches and are a lot more grunge / goth rather than futuristic. The basic setup of the bondage rings plus angled tactical pockets is consistent thru all the iterations.

The really skinny waxed ones were from the collections from 2008-2010.
27b896f6983a86c37659b946f21819e4.jpg

The extra stuff hanging off are separate gas mask accessories I don't have and these are shown in leather but you get the idea. That's the rider jacket I have too only in black. This was my favorite era of Julius although I do really love a lot of the stuff from Crack, Halo, Chaos and Glitch too.

I was asking because i thought maybe you had creepers like in the synth pic to pair with the cargo pants. The ones you posted are a bit much for me.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

Not sure if trolling :tounge:

1. Calf aversion - My aversion to calf is only extended to shoes. I feel like i buy expensive footwear and want a more interesting leather also horse is more resilient to scratches and crap. For jackets and other leather pieces i am more open minded. Of course if i saw something i loved thats made of calf i'd say ******* and buy it.

2. Eating habits - I have never tried horse and wouldn't even know where to get it. I may be open to trying but won't go out of my way for it. Would be one of those when in rome type situations. Beef/lamb are delicious, eat them all the time. No dog for me. I have tried deer and bison in the past, they are delicious and i would have no qualms of wearing things made out of either animals. Goat i tried as well, don't remember if i liked it too much... kudu again i can try eating my a1923 and report back, somehow i think the taste will be bland.

3. cowsareforeating would agree with me and say sin stop by the archive more. I think i actually met him, seems like a cool dude, was nice to me everytime i was there. Awlouie is there as well, forget his first name, and David the owner is chill. Good store wish i could afford more.

really, dude? :{....

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only "waited" at Sushi Bun because I got there before they opened. Blame the tuna auction for being out of tourist passes.
Best sushi I've eaten. But if I could find a Japanese person to take me to Jiro's next time I'm in Tokyo, I would.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads