• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stupid s*** my roommate says

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
After reading your roommate's maxims, I half expected some sort of clueless Asian but what black person doesn't know what BBQ chicken is?

It is truly a mystery.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After reading your roommate's maxims, I half expected some sort of clueless Asian but what black person doesn't know what BBQ chicken is?

lurker[1].gif

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^

That could be the case

he could be playing dumb to annoy you.

A computer science guy should know how to use a PC c'mon

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
t what black person doesn't know what BBQ chicken is?

Applesbear.jpg

How does a polar bear know what Apples is?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

+1000000000000

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is he an exchange student?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm convinced that the dorm/roommate situation was conceived by an ex-Nazi sociologist. The idea that putting two people together... ANY two people... into that small a space for that period of time is a good idea is bewildering.

When I was at Chicago, our dorm had rooms so small that some of the more enterprising students figured out that if it weren't for the small bay window in each one, the rooms would technically be in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Luckily, I was an RA and so had a private room, but nevertheless had to mediate between countless roommate problems between people who probably would have been friends, were it not for such proximity.

Also, LK, before Conne posted the picture I actually thought perhaps his roommate might be Asian, too. My experiences with some of my Japanese friends shows me that they are sometimes so literal that it comes across as cluelessness. I had an exchange student stay with me once for a month or so and sometimes I was amazed that he could get up in the morning and find his way to class without help. He once got a frozen pizza out of the freezer, took it out of the box, looked at me, and said, "...and what do I do with it?"

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I live with a very, very stupid human being. He says some of the most ridiculous things, and they truly must be documented. Today: I told him that the dining hall had BBQ chicken sandwiches for dinner. He asked what BBQ chicken was. After a few seconds of shock, I said "Ummm, it's like a chicken breast with BBQ sauce." He goes "Oh, like chicken parmesan?" Again, speechless. "....no, it has BBQ sauce." Then, "So it's kind of teriyaki chicken." I gave up at this point. He also didn't know what CNN was until I told him one day. We were watching the Daily Show once, and Lynne Cheney was on, and as her name was PROMINENTLY DISPLAYED on the bottom of the screen he goes "Who is she?" I said, "Cheney's husband" and he just looked so confused.
Originally Posted by Connemara
He asked me to take this ******* weird-ass picture.
n28406439_31385420_8621.jpg

laugh.gif
I hope he never learns how to use the internet (outside of Facebook, of course). Those conversations are almost as inane as those I had when I was living with my parents. Only more befuddling and less infuriating.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Two people at my work, both with graduate degrees, honestly believe the smurfs are an inside joke by the ***. Grandpa smurf wore a red hat (a la the Grand Wizard) and all the rest wore white. Conversely, they also feel it is part of the "gay agenda" too. They were absolutely serious and claimed that type of stuff was common.

itskub

Reaction score
my roommate is a one-semester exchange student from amsterdam. he is well-rounded and smart, but when he first moved in, he had no idea how to do laundry, which i thought was weird for a 24 y/o. i told him to get a bottle of detergent that was labeled "with bleach" (i even showed him a picture), but he bought a bottle of bleach..
to this day, two months later, he can't remember the word detergent, though he is fluent in english. he also doesnt know how to use the microwave or coffe maker. its kinda funny.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads