1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Stupid s*** my roommate says

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Connemara, Oct 27, 2007.

1. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Well-Known Member

Right, cause the only stupid people in college are black. Where's that jackoff smiley?
    It's funny that people actually think this. It's almost always white students in my classes, by far, who have the lowest scores on papers/tests and are seemingly unconcerned with raising them. My black students consistently are in the top 10%... if not higher. As well, they are usually a part of organizations that have me send grade reports/checks each month just to ensure they are doing well and working hard, so even if they start off the semester doing poorly, by the end they are generally doing very well. I can't even get half of my white students to put their names on their papers or INDENT paragraphs, and they (like every other student) are offered free paper-checks/tutoring at the Learning Center on campus. It's also funny when I have ESL (English as a Second Language) students in the class from places that don't even use our Alphabet (China, Korea, Japan, Russia, etc.) and they write better papers than my white native language students. SO, anyway, yes, of course the only stupid people in college are black.

2. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Well-Known Member

this post is the reason why i hate affirmative action

Funny, because all the fucking retards I know that go to "decent" schools (UVA, Cornell, Yale, Brown, etc.) are white.

3. countdemoney

countdemoney Well-Known Member

He does smell, actually. Especially after tennis matches. He's running a 5K today (so funny) and I am fearing his return later in the afternoon.

Conne, OMFG! No idea you were so hardcore.

First GQ Geek:
    [​IMG]

Now your roomie:
    He Whipped My Ass in Tennis (Then I Fucked His Ass in Bed)

You are completely reliving some classic Pansy Division.

4. rach2jlc

Funny, because all the fucking retards I know that go to "decent" schools (UVA, Cornell, Yale, Brown, etc.) are white.
    You can add Columbia, Chicago, and Princeton to that list, too, in my experience. The problem seems pandemic!

5. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Well-Known Member

You can add Columbia, Chicago, and Princeton to that list, too, in my experience. The problem seems pandemic!

But are they exclusively white?

6. rach2jlc

But are they exclusively white?

I think I may have been reading your post differently than you intended... but all that I meant was to say jokingly that the most egregiously stupidest people I could think of off hand from my experiences at some very "decent" schools have all been white.

7. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

Conne, OMFG! No idea you were so hardcore.

First GQ Geek:
    [​IMG]

Now your roomie:
    He Whipped My Ass in Tennis (Then I Fucked His Ass in Bed)

You are completely reliving some classic Pansy Division.

Ok I do'nt know what you are implying, but I don't like it! That is the gayest album cover I ahve ever seen. And demoney, how do you even know about such a thing? Have you been sharing the same closet as our mutual friend?

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

It's not a put on. He was born in the U.S., but spent something like 7 years in Nigeria. Has the accent and everything.

I thought maybe - my brother had a ugandan roommate in college and had similar issues. embrase the opportunity to learn about a huge and corrupt country.

9. Tangfastic

Tangfastic Well-Known Member

I'm confused about the whole 'roommate' thing.. People in the states pay tens of thousands of dollars to go into further education and they have to share a bedroom with a complete stranger?
    Surely you have a separate bedroom?
    Apart from that, I shared a house with a Nigerian girl in my first year of univeristy, and it was fascinating getting to know her and hear about a really different way of life. She didn't ever come out with anything stupid like the op has quoted from his cohabitant though...

10. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

Roomate= share a room
    Housemate= seperate rooms in the same house

"It's a learning experience" to have a roomate. Luckily mine was my BFF from HS.

11. Brian278

Brian278 Well-Known Member

I'm confused about the whole 'roommate' thing.. People in the states pay tens of thousands of dollars to go into further education and they have to share a bedroom with a complete stranger?
    Surely you have a separate bedroom?
    Apart from that, I shared a house with a Nigerian girl in my first year of univeristy, and it was fascinating getting to know her and hear about a really different way of life. She didn't ever come out with anything stupid like the op has quoted from his cohabitant though...

You don't have to, but it's a hell of lot cheaper. When you're already taking out student loans, that extra $500 a semester makes a difference.

12. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Roomate= share a room
    Housemate= seperate rooms in the same house

"It's a learning experience" to have a roomate. Luckily mine was my BFF from HS.

I suspect your BFF! was a female?

13. SoCal2NYC

No I shared a room in college with the same guy for 4 years.

14. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

No I shared a room in college with the same guy for 4 years.

Was he into fashion?

15. SoCal2NYC

Was he into fashion?

No. He was a mechanical engineer.

16. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I can't stop laughing.[​IMG]

17. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

UGHHHHHHHH. He just came back to the room....he walkes in, and goes "TIME FOR BED". Reaches over the shoulder and shuts the light ON MY DESK off. Then shuts off the light on my mirror. Then proceeds to turn the Red Sox-Rockies game off.

I am so frustrated.

18. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

UGHHHHHHHH. He just came back to the room....he walkes in, and goes "TIME FOR BED". Reaches over the shoulder and shuts the light ON MY DESK off. Then shuts off the light on my mirror. Then proceeds to turn the Red Sox-Rockies game off. I am so frustrated.
    His looks match his personality.[​IMG]

19. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

UGHHHHHHHH. He just came back to the room....he walkes in, and goes "TIME FOR BED". Reaches over the shoulder and shuts the light ON MY DESK off. Then shuts off the light on my mirror. Then proceeds to turn the Red Sox-Rockies game off. I am so frustrated.
    I think it's time for you to sit him down and discuss some boundaries. It's obvious that he's not to in tune with your social expectations.

20. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

My freshman year roommate was a gay dude who was the single dirtiest person I've ever met, and his fag hag friends were all hideously fat women. I came back from a weekend at the parents house and his desk was piled so high with shit and pizza boxes, my shutting the door spilled them on his bed.

Then, I found a greasy bottle of chocolate-flavored lubricant on the corner of my desk.

All in all he was a really nice guy though, but got booted on academic probation.