• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stupid s*** my roommate says

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
But are they exclusively white?

I think I may have been reading your post differently than you intended... but all that I meant was to say jokingly that the most egregiously stupidest people I could think of off hand from my experiences at some very "decent" schools have all been white.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by countdemoney
Conne, OMFG! No idea you were so hardcore.

First GQ Geek:
51ARPPY94SL._AA240_.jpg

Now your roomie:
He Whipped ****** in Tennis (Then ******** His Ass in Bed)

You are completely reliving some classic Pansy Division.

Ok I do'nt know what you are implying, but I don't like it! That is the gayest album cover I ahve ever seen. And demoney, how do you even know about such a thing? Have you been sharing the same closet as our mutual friend?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
It's not a put on. He was born in the U.S., but spent something like 7 years in Nigeria. Has the accent and everything.

I thought maybe - my brother had a ugandan roommate in college and had similar issues. embrase the opportunity to learn about a huge and corrupt country.

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm confused about the whole 'roommate' thing.. People in the states pay tens of thousands of dollars to go into further education and they have to share a bedroom with a complete stranger?
Surely you have a separate bedroom?
Apart from that, I shared a house with a Nigerian girl in my first year of univeristy, and it was fascinating getting to know her and hear about a really different way of life. She didn't ever come out with anything stupid like the op has quoted from his cohabitant though...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Roomate= share a room
Housemate= seperate rooms in the same house

"It's a learning experience" to have a roomate. Luckily mine was my BFF from HS.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tangfastic
I'm confused about the whole 'roommate' thing.. People in the states pay tens of thousands of dollars to go into further education and they have to share a bedroom with a complete stranger?
Surely you have a separate bedroom?
Apart from that, I shared a house with a Nigerian girl in my first year of univeristy, and it was fascinating getting to know her and hear about a really different way of life. She didn't ever come out with anything stupid like the op has quoted from his cohabitant though...

You don't have to, but it's a hell of lot cheaper. When you're already taking out student loans, that extra $500 a semester makes a difference.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Roomate= share a room
Housemate= seperate rooms in the same house

"It's a learning experience" to have a roomate. Luckily mine was my BFF from HS.

I suspect your BFF! was a female?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
No I shared a room in college with the same guy for 4 years.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Was he into fashion?

No. He was a mechanical engineer.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
UGHHHHHHHH. He just came back to the room....he walkes in, and goes "TIME FOR BED". Reaches over the shoulder and shuts the light ON MY DESK off. Then shuts off the light on my mirror. Then proceeds to turn the Red Sox-Rockies game off.

I am so frustrated.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UGHHHHHHHH. He just came back to the room....he walkes in, and goes "TIME FOR BED". Reaches over the shoulder and shuts the light ON MY DESK off. Then shuts off the light on my mirror. Then proceeds to turn the Red Sox-Rockies game off. I am so frustrated.
His looks match his personality.
laugh.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
UGHHHHHHHH. He just came back to the room....he walkes in, and goes "TIME FOR BED". Reaches over the shoulder and shuts the light ON MY DESK off. Then shuts off the light on my mirror. Then proceeds to turn the Red Sox-Rockies game off. I am so frustrated.
I think it's time for you to sit him down and discuss some boundaries. It's obvious that he's not to in tune with your social expectations.

Brian SD

Reaction score
My freshman year roommate was a gay dude who was the single dirtiest person I've ever met, and his *** hag friends were all hideously fat women. I came back from a weekend at the parents house and his desk was piled so high with **** and pizza boxes, my shutting the door spilled them on his bed.

Then, I found a greasy bottle of chocolate-flavored lubricant on the corner of my desk.

All in all he was a really nice guy though, but got booted on academic probation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads