• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

oisin

Reaction score
I don't have a more detailed shot, but here's a crop in on that one that I think will help people see the fabric better. Click for better resolution.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Super nice coats, but yeah, they are super warm because of the knit hooded lining. I have the NMWA merinos, and man, even in the cold place I live, it can get sweaty hot. If you live in like, Toronto, though, perfect coat for walking around Queen St East after dinner or out shopping.
You could always remove the hood. That's how I plan on wearing mine(if I don't sell it). It looks better that way IMHO. Better flow.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could always remove the hood. That's how I plan on wearing mine. It looks better that way IMHO. Better flow.
Mine is perpetually half removed. I made the mistake of undoing it just to see what would happen, and 22 buttons later, I had the hood off. When I put the liner back in, I was pretty half hearted about all the buttons and just did up enough of them to have the hood in place.

I like the hood on though. I mean, it's the only coat I have that makes me look like a Jedi. I have the grey. If I wanted to look like a Sith, I should have gone with the charcoal.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i took a 3 in the memory

if i wanted to rock a blazer/jacket, should i go 4 or stick with 3 in the film? any shots of the back?

also is the model ridiculously tall? just want to make sure my 5'7ish self doesnt look ridiculous in that length

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i took a 3 in the memory

if i wanted to rock a blazer/jacket, should i go 4 or stick with 3 in the film? any shots of the back?

also is the model ridiculously tall? just want to make sure my 5'7ish self doesnt look ridiculous in that length

Do people generally size down in the memory coat?

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do people generally size down in the memory coat?
I inadvertently did and I wish I didn't.

I ordered a 4 Navy and while it fits, it fits on the slim body/narrow shoulder side. A 5 would have needed sleeve work but still, in retrospect, I would have risked the 5 as I probably won't wear the 4 and will eventually sell it.

Too bad really as it's a pretty cool coat but nobody's fault but mine as I didn't research the measurements for the pre-order.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i took a 3 in the memory

He is 6'2" (according Greg), It's a flat back. If in doubt about Schneider sizes, size up. The clothes look much better a little loose than a little tight, imho. On the other hand, Kyle is wearing the jackets in some of the pictures,and the length looks good on him. For Schneider, I think that a lot of the outerwear works for a lot of body types, as long as you size for your shoulders and chest, since the outerwear is either straight or A shaped anyway.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do the still life trousers fit? I've got Schneider stuff everywhere from a 4 to a 6 so it always makes me nervous to order stuff without having access to measurements
Fair enough. So, the model is a slim 38 and he has slim hips. He probably has a true 30 waist, and is not only slim in the hips, but does not have a lot of backside either.. He is wearing a size 4 in that picture, and they look good on him. The cut is pretty slim. I am a true 34, and I am picking up the size VI in those pants. I am pretty sure that the size V would be too tight and bunchy, which is the last thing you want on pants like that. The pants have an elastic waist, so I would base sizing it more on your thighs and your hips and butt rather than on your actual waist size. Also, keep in mind that while there are no returns, we are willing and happy to facilitate exchanges between members, which often happens for something like pants (people have very different ideas of their own bodies.)

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should I get these counting trousers hemmed? If so, by how much? Cropped, slight break, etc? They have a really narrow leg opening (7-7.25").

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should I get these counting trousers hemmed? If so, by how much? Cropped, slight break, etc? They have a really narrow leg opening (7").

Yes, and just at the ankles. like, a quarter break.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think those work out great for your body type. I have larger thighs too and in bigger sizes there's just too much of a taper on many SS pants. Try something with a straight leg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads