• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

steed "semi-bespoke"

rob

Reaction score
though it sounds like mtm, I was wondering what experience/information anyone has with this. With the value of the pound down like it is, this may be a great way to get some quality suits et al.

I would like to see more of Steed's work than I've been able find so far. Any help will be appreciated.

Rob

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rob
though it sounds like mtm, I was wondering what experience/information anyone has with this. With the value of the pound down like it is, this may be a great way to get some quality suits et al. I would like to see more of Steed's work than I've been able find so far. Any help will be appreciated. Rob
Search the what are you wearing today for posts by Voxsartoria. Much of his wardrobe is Steed bespoke. Also, Edwin posts on here as TheDoctor (I think). He might be able to answer your Qs personally.

boo

Reaction score
I have a Steed MTM/semi-bespoke suit from a couple years ago (just wanted to add that in case things have changed since then). The suits are fused and there are no interim fittings. I don't believe that they're made to the same fitment standard as their regular bespoke, and the lack of fittings is probably a contributing factor. But then again, it's half the price, so I guess you get what you pay for.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to dig an old thread, is still true that Steed semi bespoke is fused?
Thanks

TEHesketh

Reaction score
It is MTM, but with more posibilities then simply altering the length, chest and sleeves.

Edwin posted in LL a few months ago that it is made in a factory in the Czech Republic (I think) and that they can make significant alterations to the stock pattern to get a better fit. I don't know if they are fused are not, but I would not expect them to look like Steed bespoke.

Rob

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, thanks for your answers, in the meantime I mailed Mr. DeBoise and got a superfast answer, which I think it's useful to share
The Semi-Bespoke suits are partially canvassed (chest piece) with fused fronts.

The 1st process we go through is to choose the cloth,style, linings etc. with yourself. You have the same wide choice of cloths with the Semi-Bespoke that you have with the Bespoke suits, there is no difference in that respect. Then once you have chosen a cloth that you like I will personally measure you, also noting figuration details.

After this 1st meeting the suit will be made up and straight finished and either sent out to you or meet you for a final fitting. However I would always like to meet up to see the suit on you and alter anything that needs attention.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering a semi-bespoke suit as well. I'm pondering a few options, so we'll see what happens.

braised

Reaction score
Edwin is a great guy and one of his great talents is in getting the balance of a jacket or trousers right. With a decent cloth selection you'll likely get a well fitted garment. Go for it. B

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
^^^ If you are willing to spend $2,500 on a suit, then you can afford Steed's full bespoke at the current exchange rate.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I'd truly love a full bespoke - but $2,500 is just pushing it for me, $1,500 is likely my upper limit

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
^^^ If you are willing to spend $2,500 on a suit, then you can afford Steed's full bespoke at the current exchange rate.

Very nearly. You'd still have to save up a little extra.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abhormonetherapy