• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bsarosi

Reaction score
Anyone in the US ordered St. Crispins from Michael Jondral and had issues with shipping? I placed an order and it shipped out over 2 weeks ago yet DHL tracking still shows it being processed in Rodgau, Germany. I know it's the holidays but 2 weeks and it hasn't even left the country seems long. Wondering if anyone else had issues with Michael Jondral orders going to the US. I know it isn't their fault, but adding 50 euros to ship, I would hope they'd use a relatively quick service. Only comparison I can make is to Skoak where I receive orders in a week or less.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone in the US ordered St. Crispins from Michael Jondral and had issues with shipping? I placed an order and it shipped out over 2 weeks ago yet DHL tracking still shows it being processed in Rodgau, Germany. I know it's the holidays but 2 weeks and it hasn't even left the country seems long. Wondering if anyone else had issues with Michael Jondral orders going to the US. I know it isn't their fault, but adding 50 euros to ship, I would hope they'd use a relatively quick service. Only comparison I can make is to Skoak where I receive orders in a week or less.
It’s hit or miss very unreliable hopefully you used PayPal. I got my money back, good service but the mailing service they use sucks ass. That’s why I stoped buying from that store and just stick to skoak or US retailers.

Last edited:

bsarosi

Reaction score
It’s hit or miss very unreliable hopefully you used PayPal. I got my money back, good service but the mailing service they use sucks ass. That’s why I stoped buying from that store and just stick to skoak or US retailers.

Parcel finally left Germany after being there 17 days. I know it’s the holidays, but that’s ridiculous. They use DHL, but it’s DHL Post not Express, which seems to be the problem. Like I mentioned, spending over $1K for a pair of shoes then adding on 50 euros for shipping makes me believe they’d use a relatively fast service. The best comparison I can use is Skoak, which takes no more than a week to deliver. While MJ has been responsive to my emails, can’t say I’ll order from them again.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Parcel finally left Germany after being there 17 days. I know it’s the holidays, but that’s ridiculous. They use DHL, but it’s DHL Post not Express, which seems to be the problem. Like I mentioned, spending over $1K for a pair of shoes then adding on 50 euros for shipping makes me believe they’d use a relatively fast service. The best comparison I can use is Skoak, which takes no more than a week to deliver. While MJ has been responsive to my emails, can’t say I’ll order from them again.
Bro I feel your pain been there like I said MJ store is not an issue it’s the dhl mail service. 1400$ lesson learned never again ever. Like I said you will get your stuff or you may not it’s a dam toss up !!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Best thing I heard all week. :bigstar:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best thing I heard all week. :bigstar:
I think the no more than a week timeline is even slightly diminishing Skoak’s excellence on that front. From what I recall, none of my Skoak packages have ever taken more than 3 days from shipping notice to arrival.
€50 for shipping that slow is absurd!

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the no more than a week timeline is even slightly diminishing Skoak’s excellence on that front. From what I recall, none of my Skoak packages have ever taken more than 3 days from shipping notice to arrival.
€50 for shipping that slow is absurd!
More like 3 week to month toss up lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads