• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was thinking of getting a mod645 made up in CRU609 - I walk a fair bit and on pavements etc.. Should I remain with the leather soles with toe taps or would anyone recommend their rubber soles? Cheers.

Also does anyone have any experience with the crust leather with rain - not heavy but the occasional drizzle we cannot escape but am wondering how the uppers react to them.

If you want longer lasting soles, get rubber. Leather soles look better when they are new.

I have no problems with crust, but they do require more care in terms of polish to make them look nicer compare to aniline leather.

The J

Reaction score
If you want longer lasting soles, get rubber. Leather soles look better when they are new.

I have no problems with crust, but they do require more care in terms of polish to make them look nicer compare to aniline leather.

Thanks, will probably proceed with the half rubber half leather option. That's alright on the polishing part, was just a little worried on how it reacts to water as I've scrolled a fair bit back on this thread and have seen a few posts.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, will probably proceed with the half rubber half leather option. That's alright on the polishing part, was just a little worried on how it reacts to water as I've scrolled a fair bit back on this thread and have seen a few posts.

I've worn my CRU leather out in the rain and snow on multiple occasions and haven't had any issue. Haven't had any spotting like you get on shell cordovan or anything of that nature.

The J

Reaction score
Now the wait begins..
IMG_6680.JPG

Itsuo

Reaction score
Dear StC experts,

I saw on StC's IG page that there is a B-Chiseled last.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeuOtsVg6H5/?hl=en&taken-by=saintcrispins

Is this a standard Chiseled last or somehow modified? The heel lookshttp://www.saintcrispins.com/category/accessories/rubber-sole/ to be slimmer, which is awesome for my feet.

Thanks

It looks like it could be the standard chiseled last but I can’t be sure! http://www.saintcrispins.com/category/accessories/lasts/

A general disclaimer for all: if you want a synthetic sole for your StCs, get something besides the Dainite! I slip and slide all around in them!

I like the “special rubber sole”.

http://www.saintcrispins.com/category/accessories/rubber-sole/

sdfzs

Reaction score
Dear StC experts,

I saw on StC's IG page that there is a B-Chiseled last.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeuOtsVg6H5/?hl=en&taken-by=saintcrispins

Is this a standard Chiseled last or somehow modified? The heel looks to be slimmer, which is awesome for my feet.

Thanks

Only tried the standard and the B-Chiseled last on the trunk shows but to me they are two completely different animals
The standard chiseled compared to the classic last is obviously different but not extreme in any way. For me i felt the fitting was very close to the classic last but obviously with the different shape of the toe box. In view most models would look good on this last.
The B-Chiseled last is a completely different animal and it's aggressive. It would be stunning nonetheless on the right type of shoe but the toe box is really chiseled. I think some models, split toes comes to mind that would simply look very strange on this last. I tried on a dark green crust leather cap toe on this last (think British racing green) and that was amazing but something that also would stand out for those paying attention. Sizing for me was the same though but for those who easily squeeze their pinkies in classic i'd you might need to size differently

I know the B-chiseled last is not listed on their web page but google the screwdriver last for inspiration since i feel it's more towards this last then anything else StC has to offer

wristandfeet

Reaction score
Only tried the standard and the B-Chiseled last on the trunk shows but to me they are two completely different animals
The standard chiseled compared to the classic last is obviously different but not extreme in any way. For me i felt the fitting was very close to the classic last but obviously with the different shape of the toe box. In view most models would look good on this last.
The B-Chiseled last is a completely different animal and it's aggressive. It would be stunning nonetheless on the right type of shoe but the toe box is really chiseled. I think some models, split toes comes to mind that would simply look very strange on this last. I tried on a dark green crust leather cap toe on this last (think British racing green) and that was amazing but something that also would stand out for those paying attention. Sizing for me was the same though but for those who easily squeeze their pinkies in classic i'd you might need to size differently

I know the B-chiseled last is not listed on their web page but google the screwdriver last for inspiration since i feel it's more towards this last then anything else StC has to offer

Many many thanks for the detailed reply. StC subsequently posted another B-Chiseled last

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be0uhkogss_/?hl=en&taken-by=saintcrispins

....and you are absolutely right. From this angle, this last is far more aggressive indeed.

Many thanks for sharing your first hand experience!

leather2354

Reaction score
I have a size question.
Should I go down half size from normal SC oxford size for loafer?
I would like to order mod. 539 in classic last.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinuavi003