• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score

I'm not sure how they could possibly represent everything they offer, because there are so many different colors and combinations possible. However If you go to the top of the web page to About Us and then Look Book 2014. After you are there then download the Look Book it gives you a better idea of the various colors and combinations they offer based on previous shoes they have sold.

After seeing your post, I downloaded the look book. Very helpful, not so much for leather colors but for model numbers and how the different models look on different lasts.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After seeing your post, I downloaded the look book. Very helpful, not so much for leather colors but for model numbers and how the different models look on different lasts.

At least they've made vast improvements compared to what they had before. Maybe they'll work on trying to provide something that depicts the various leathers and colors they offer eventually.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this the chiseled last or something bespoke?

Anyone able to compare the fit of the the chiseled relative to the classic?

Wow.....I find them very elegant!!

jkater1

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pair in CRU 608 and a pair of Edward Green Dark Oak? I am curious how the two shades look side by side. Thanks.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went into Leffot for the first time this weekend with the intent of buying some EG's and G&G's. Left with a beautiful Saint Crispin 546 wholecut oxford (riva last)

Was helped by Che. She was lovely, knew her stuff, and was very patient as I tried on just about every brand they had to try and find my sizes. They didn't have much in stock in my size, but alas, she brought these baby's out and it was love at first sight <3

Will definitely be doing some MTO's from them in the very near future. I'm thinking dark brown cordovan wholecut on the riva with a toe medallion. but who knows...the options are endless and i want them all hahah.

pics of them here on leffot's website: http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/shoes/saint-crispin-s/546-oxford.html

will post pics of mine when they arrive. i shipped them out of state to save on tax :)

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to get them on.

St. Crispin's really impressed me. I found them much more comfortable than EG, G&G, and Corthay - the other brands I tried on at Leffot.

They also provide you with the beautiful trees and alongside the beige leather laces they give a pair of brown laces to match the shoe. This way I can dress down the shoe a bit for more professional occasions.

I think their austerity brogue (model 104), balmoral boot (model 402), double monk (model 505), and single monk (model 107) are all gorgeous and will definitely be the inspiration for future MTO's. And maybe just a plain captoe with a little punching.

How is everyone's experience with the CRUST leather? Any other interesting leathers that are worth checking out?

QUESTION: what do people recommend in terms of caring for Saint Crispin's? I read earlier on that SAPHIR RENOVATEUR shouldn't be used on them because it can strip the finish off the crust leather....

Any recommendations/advice regarding to care for them would be great as there is nothing on Saint Crispin's website about shoe care.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score

QUESTION: what do people recommend in terms of caring for Saint Crispin's? I read earlier on that SAPHIR RENOVATEUR shouldn't be used on them because it can strip the finish off the crust leather....

Any recommendations/advice regarding to care for them would be great as there is nothing on Saint Crispin's website about shoe care.

On the old St. Crispin's website, there was a guide to caring for shoes. It recommended using only polish such as Saphir or Kiwi for regular care, saddle soap when shoes are dirty, and pure turpentine to remove old wax. That's consistent with what Mr. Carr has said to me and others at trunk shows. When I talked to him, he didn't seem to have any strong preference for any particular polish and was used Kiwi to shine my shoes.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually found St Cripsins very stiff and hard to break in compare to all of my other shoes, still hurts me. But everything is the best in terms of looks and finishing.

wurger I have the opposite experience. Might just be different uppers but my StC chukkas have required zero break in time and may well be the most comfortable pair I have aside from my Corthay Arcas.

u4a3e6et.jpg

----------------------------

/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

wurger I have the opposite experience. Might just be different uppers but my StC chukkas have required zero break in time and may well be the most comfortable pair I have aside from my Corthay Arcas.

u4a3e6et.jpg

----------------------------

/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/

Frills, you may have seen me quote this before but it merits mention again.

My grandfather told me that you can always tell a man by his shoes and his watch.

Nuff said :slayer:

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

u4a3e6et.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads