• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

that class ... I wonder if he saw D'Annunzio what he said ...

Different from some of D'Annunzio's boots. Senza cazzo on the front.

On display in a small museum under our dressing rooms was a portion of his shoe collection. Most are sort of variations on a theme—many white shoes with very slight variations and lots and lots of shoes with spats. Very petit, delicate feet he had too. He had special luggage cases made for his shoes—or for some of them at least. They are big cases, like huge stacked bento boxes or tiffin lunches, with a pair of shoes neatly nestled in green felt on each level. One pair of shoes had a penis and balls motif on the top—the symbol of a proud libertine.

http://the-shoe-aristocat.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/gabriele-d-annunzio-italian-dandy-poet.html

http://journal.davidbyrne.com/2013/09/091013-dannunzio.html

chestercopperpot

Reaction score
Pretty sure Phillip from SC is going to be at the new Armoury store in NYC when they open.

He said Dec 12th? Which is coming really soon.

Told me to email [email protected] to set an appt.

Havn't heard much about the opening though yet.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Different from some of D'Annunzio's boots. Senza cazzo on the front.

On display in a small museum under our dressing rooms was a portion of his shoe collection. Most are sort of variations on a theme—many white shoes with very slight variations and lots and lots of shoes with spats. Very petit, delicate feet he had too. He had special luggage cases made for his shoes—or for some of them at least. They are big cases, like huge stacked bento boxes or tiffin lunches, with a pair of shoes neatly nestled in green felt on each level. One pair of shoes had a penis and balls motif on the top—the symbol of a proud libertine.

http://the-shoe-aristocat.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/gabriele-d-annunzio-italian-dandy-poet.html

http://journal.davidbyrne.com/2013/09/091013-dannunzio.html
Thank you for your comment ... I also saw the shoes of D'Annunzio with cazzo ... and these are much better all around. Although I must say that the white ones were not bad.

stupendous

Reaction score
I first came across SC at Leather Soul in BH and took the plunge. Simple 105s in a dark brown (brown-black). I then found Denis at his Made to Order website, and took another plunge for an MTO, similar to one posted in an earlier post on this thread. Below is a photo of the shoes that I ordered (and received). Pic is from Denis' MTO gallery. Fit was great, and service even better! I am now in the process of ordering another MTO (a project suggested by Denis). It should be ready in February next year. Will post pictures when I receive it!

Like PB stated in his post, am pretty much set on just ordering SCs from now on (with the odd G&G, EG or other shoe thrown in). This has made my wife ask me the question, 'Exactly how many pairs of shoes do you need?'.

I had no answer to her question!

stupendous

Reaction score
The proper answer is I don't need that many but I want them; so please help me support my hobby.

To her credit, she does...I think she's just given up, but needs to get on me for it every so often, usually when a package resembling a shoebox shows up at home!
biggrin.gif

I do explain to her that different shoes service different purposes and, naturally, there are the endless variations in leather, stitching, soles, etc.....

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Like PB stated in his post, am pretty much set on just ordering SCs from now on (with the odd G&G, EG or other shoe thrown in).  This has made my wife ask me the question, 'Exactly how many pairs of shoes do you need?'.

I would not bother with that thought bubble. EG G&G etc are a waste of time when you could have St C, Bontoni, Santoni, etc.

The proper answer is I don't need that many but I want them; so please help me support my habit.

FTFY

Last edited:

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I first came across SC at Leather Soul in BH and took the plunge. Simple 105s in a dark brown (brown-black). I then found Denis at his Made to Order website, and took another plunge for an MTO, similar to one posted in an earlier post on this thread. Below is a photo of the shoes that I ordered (and received). Pic is from Denis' MTO gallery. Fit was great, and service even better! I am now in the process of ordering another MTO (a project suggested by Denis). It should be ready in February next year. Will post pictures when I receive it!

Like PB stated in his post, am pretty much set on just ordering SCs from now on (with the odd G&G, EG or other shoe thrown in). This has made my wife ask me the question, 'Exactly how many pairs of shoes do you need?'.

I had no answer to her question!
Beautiful ... the model and color I really like a lot. Compliments.

stupendous

Reaction score

Where can i buy St. Crispin's online?

Bought mine here.....http://madetoorderparis.com/site/

Denis can help with sizing and choosing a last. And the gallery has some amazing shoes!:slayer:

Beautiful ... the model and color I really like a lot. Compliments.

Thank you. I had been looking for this color for a while, and when I saw it, ok this is it! Very happy with them.

I do not consider Santoni in the same league as EG oe G&G !

Agreed. Also G&G and EG are still pretty good shoes. I love my St James in Vintage Cherry.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score

I do not consider Santoni in the same league as EG oe G&G !

Santoni makes shoes at a lot of different quality levels and in a lot of styles ranging from terrible to classic. I have a pair of limited edition Santoni FAMs. Quality of leather and work is comparable to my St. Cs and Anthony Cleverly shoes, significantly better than my G&G. After 8 years of hard wear, and one rebuild, they look as good or better than the day I received them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads