• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am not a big fan of the sorting order on the new website. It has become quite difficult to see what's actually new.
I feel lost on the site, but I thought that was just me. Thank goodness Rikky (the owner) said he’s in the middle of redesigning the site. (Edit: Rikky said they just launched the newly designed site.)

Another thing I couldn’t find on the site: Are the jacket sleeve buttons functional?

Last edited:

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they sell waistcoats? I’m looking for a well-fitting, well-made grey waistcoat for winter layering, à la Daniel Craig in Girl with the Dragon Tatoo.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me too. Grabbed the green gunclub and a pair of $40 chinos. Really want to see more pictures of the brown donegal.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I would love one with casual full spread collar that's unfused and unlined (OTR versions will probably come with some lining).

Yes, I am not a big fan of the sorting order on the new website. It has become quite difficult to see what's actually new.

We have to set the "recommend" sort order by item position. The jackets will get resorted later today. But other than that, you can sort "new collection" to see the newest to oldest, or check new arrivals.

exfalso

Reaction score
We have to set the "recommend" sort order by item position. The jackets will get resorted later today. But other than that, you can sort "new collection" to see the newest to oldest, or check new arrivals.
Oh yes, that is exactly what I am doing -- I just prefer the sort order from the old website where things are simply stacked (latest item added to the front). I am sure this can be fixed easily, but now "new collection" shows VBC hopsack - slubs - moleskin (?) - tweeds and so on.

Having slim and contemporary fit together is also a bit confusing at times, since the sorting order is messed up between the two fits. We could put slim/contemporary selection into one page I think?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh yes, that is exactly what I am doing -- I just prefer the sort order from the old website where things are simply stacked (latest item added to the front). I am sure this can be fixed easily, but now "new collection" shows VBC hopsack - slubs - moleskin (?) - tweeds and so on. Having slim and contemporary fit together is also a bit confusing at times, since the sorting order is messed up between the two fits.

These are the settings of Magento, the backend we are working with. Still some fixing to do.

exfalso

Reaction score
These are the settings of Magento, the backend we are working with. Still some fixing to do.
Well, it didn't stop me from ordering at least. Any updates on the incoming denim/oxford (and flannel, I hope) shirts?

hkp2k

Reaction score
The brown donegal is the jacket I have been waiting for. Since this is my first S&M sport coat, I ordered the 40R in Contemporary and Slim just to make sure I get the right fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads