• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beav

Reaction score

Is there any desire for a unfused kamakura type collar for OTR? In a Semi or Full Spread? 

We've been getting a lot of requests for custom for unfused, but I wanted to reach out to the larger community for feedback? I'm thinking of doing an unfused on the upcoming Thomas Mason OTR group and MOP buttons.

Yes! This would be really cool.

TOBestWR

Reaction score
Is there any desire for a unfused kamakura type collar for OTR? In a Semi or Full Spread?

We've been getting a lot of requests for custom for unfused, but I wanted to reach out to the larger community for feedback? I'm thinking of doing an unfused on the upcoming Thomas Mason OTR group and MOP buttons.
I would be in for the full or even extreme spread.

CMAc7

Reaction score
Yes. Particularly on a chambray or (gasp) denim shirt
1f60a.png

Reaction score

Yes, semi spread for me.

Spex

Reaction score
I have ordered unfused collars on some of my custom S&M shirts and although they were a but finicky at the start when it came to ironing and laying flat when worn with a tie, they have settled down and I have improved my ironing technique. I think they are well executed and I have a few Kamamkura spread collar shirt as a comparison.

I think the fused collar OTR shirts should move toward the type of lightly fused collar that I have also tried with some of my S&M custom shirts. It's a nice middle ground - easy to iron and comfortable to wear while still maintaining the more formal look of a heavier fused collar (which I mean as the standard OTR S&M spread collar).

exfalso

Reaction score

I would definitely love that -- last year's linen-cotton shirts were definitely my favourites. 

I would also love to see denim with (semi-)spread collars, but not everyone likes the idea, I think.

Last edited:

drdressed

Reaction score

Yes please! Full spread!

flytothesky

Reaction score

+1 for unfused full spread collars. They are great.

alwaysanalien

Reaction score

@spiermackay absolutely! OTR unlined full spread, please! Exclusively what I buy from you guys on the MTM front.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Gentlemen, We've just uploaded the new Guabello OTR suiting.

Have a look:

http://www.spierandmackay.com/search.php?srchtext=guabello

We've kept it pretty conservative for this first release. But to put it into perspective, with this quality of cloth and construction, detail and finishing: This would be the equivalent to the Suitsupply Sienna @ $639 USD. These start at $525 CAD, bundle down to $475 CAD or about $365 USD at the current exchange. So staying true to our mantra of Fit, Quality, VALUE...we find it pretty hard pressed to beat.

Navy Birdseye: Super 130's

Blue Check: Super 120's

Steel Blue Sharkskin: Super 130's

Light Gray: Super 130's

Medium Gray: Super 120's

Navy Micro Check: Super 120's

Bright Navy: Super 130's

Light Gray Prince of Wales: Super 130's

Last edited:

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have a look:

We've kept it pretty conservative for this first release. But to put it into perspective, with this quality of cloth and construction, detail and finishing: This would be the equivalent to the Suitsupply Sienna @ $639 USD. These start at $525 CAD, bundle down to $475 CAD or about $365 USD at the current exchange. So staying true to our mantra of Fit, Quality, VALUE...we find it pretty hard pressed to beat.

Navy Birdseye: Super 130's

Do these suites have exactly the same size/dimensions as the previous suits, in slim fit, or are there any differences in sizing?

Beav

Reaction score

Have a look:

We've kept it pretty conservative for this first release. But to put it into perspective, with this quality of cloth and construction, detail and finishing: This would be the equivalent to the Suitsupply Sienna @ $639 USD. These start at $525 CAD, bundle down to $475 CAD or about $365 USD at the current exchange.

These look great! Anything to share with upcoming sport coats?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads