• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those trousers are great. Can you PM me order details so I can request them for my suit?

I'm a huge fan of patch pockets, but I gotta admit, patch pockets on a DB suit is a little bit off in my eyes. The fabric isn't particularly casual, and DB suits always strike me as a bit more formal than SB, so the patch pockets are a little incongruous to me.

Also, it looks like you might need some sleeve rotation on the right sleeve.

What was the process of your order (in person measurements, trial jacket, etc)?

They are carrying Fresco II I think. I know I'm planning on getting a navy jacket in fresco (despite the very good argument against fresco as an odd jacket fabric). Something darker than 0520. Believe it or not, for all the blue jackets I have, I don't have a single one in proper navy. That'll be my third commission though. I got the tobacco suit when it was on sale for a ridiculously low price, and the fit was decent. One of the shoulders needed to be adjusted (for a drop and then the general angle of the sleevehead), the waist taken in and the hips taken out a little bit. Waiting on a camel flannel jacket now to see how well they manage to improve the fit based on pictures. After that, I'm ordering a gray PoW suit, also from the bargain fabrics. If they nail the fit, then I'll be ordering the fresco.

You got pics of any of the commisions?

I really don't see nothing wrong with a fresco odd jacket. I'll give it a spin.

I am not satisfied with any of my navy jackets.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rick, we're you ever able to capture (and post) better photographs of the Fresco II book?

I'll be in Toronto come September but that's a bit too far away for my liking; perhaps some good photos will do so I can get an order going in the meantime. Is 0520 available for you to source? I didn't see it in those initial low quality snaps.

winghus

Reaction score
Rick,

With your MTM things are based on the Model 2 as a starting point. Do you carry the MTM sizing up beyond 46? Based on your M2 measurements for a 46 I would need a 47/47L or possibly a 48/48L Contemporary as I need a 19.75 to 20 shoulder and a 49-49.5 chest depending on cut. I also want a longer rise and fuller cut than the contemporary trousers have, hence my never ordering anything tailored from you guys.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another sale question... the 4/shirt deal -- is that $15 off the regular price or the bundle price?

Thanks!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The email newsletter say $15 off per shirt in 4+ bundle but the site is still only showing $9 at checkout.

I just reset and tested the bundle. Should work now.

Another sale question... the 4/shirt deal -- is that $15 off the regular price or the bundle price?

Thanks!

Off the regular price. Normally it's $9 off/shirt.

cloud82

Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions for a "Summer" equivalent of OCBD?

I really like the Madras but want solid or simple stripes.
I haven't touched the new linen/cotton but normally don't like the feel of the linen.

SouthOfBloor

Reaction score
Just received 4 OTR shirts for casual wear in my size: 2 linens, 1 OCBD, 1 Madras

I have to say, of the four, I was most impressed by the Madras, it's an absolutely fantastic fabric with such a nice feel to it. The other shirts fit very well too and I'm sure I'll get some good use out of them as well, but just wanted to say how awesome the Madras is.

Rick, with that being said, any chance you're going to restock the Madras OTR or not until next summer? I also see a bunch of new casual pattern shirts, some with button down collars, some not, have been added to the site recently, do any of these use fabric similar to the Madras?

Thanks

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just received 4 OTR shirts for casual wear in my size: 2 linens, 1 OCBD, 1 Madras

I have to say, of the four, I was most impressed by the Madras, it's an absolutely fantastic fabric with such a nice feel to it. The other shirts fit very well too and I'm sure I'll get some good use out of them as well, but just wanted to say how awesome the Madras is.

Rick, with that being said, any chance you're going to restock the Madras OTR or not until next summer? I also see a bunch of new casual pattern shirts, some with button down collars, some not, have been added to the site recently, do any of these use fabric similar to the Madras?

Thanks

No more madras this season. It's a very particular fabric and only a handful of makers in south India actual produce the authentic stuff. We get ours direct from the source. No other fabrics are like the madras. That said the Lewiston check shirts are an amazing alternative. 100% Egyptian Cotton, but a very low density weave. Very cool wearing.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, does S&M also do evening wear MTM?

We do Tux's and Dinner Jackets.

Rick, we're you ever able to capture (and post) better photographs of the Fresco II book?

I'll be in Toronto come September but that's a bit too far away for my liking; perhaps some good photos will do so I can get an order going in the meantime. Is 0520 available for you to source? I didn't see it in those initial low quality snaps.

I had them photographed. I have to get them loaded up on a photo sharing site. I'm going to try to get around to that within the next couple of days

Rick,

With your MTM things are based on the Model 2 as a starting point. Do you carry the MTM sizing up beyond 46? Based on your M2 measurements for a 46 I would need a 47/47L or possibly a 48/48L Contemporary as I need a 19.75 to 20 shoulder and a 49-49.5 chest depending on cut. I also want a longer rise and fuller cut than the contemporary trousers have, hence my never ordering anything tailored from you guys.

We can carry the MTM up to a 56 with the current block. Custom trousers are drafted on the customers body measurements and eased out based on fit preference. Similar to how we do the custom shirts.

What are the MTM options for suits from the new factory? Excited to try it.

Pretty much unlimited. There are a few exceptions, but they are pretty minimal and I can't recall them exactly off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads