• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LoKey

Reaction score
Congratulations! Please keep us updated on how this will effect the final products in terms of quality, design, and fabrics.

Also, I will post a photo of the navy Alloway short sleeve next time I wear it.
Thank you @Darkside ! I'd love a picture of the Alloway. Any information about the sizing of your shirt would be helpful too. I'm in Boston too and the weather for short sleeve shirts is finally here.

Last edited:

CMAc7

Reaction score
What An Acute Style is referring to is a one-off thing that S&M did for StyleForum members only. They offered some odds and ends fabrics to be made up MTM via email for dirt cheap. (You can see what I am referring to back on post #3435).

I had them make two pair of trousers basically mimicking the Suitsupply Brentwood (high rise, single pleat, side tabs no loops, 2" cuff) and in addition, a double breasted suit. They all turned out amazing. Just incredible to get MTM for those prices.

Rick could say if that deal is still being honored or if any of the fabrics are still left. I for one would be curious if it was still going on, and if so, would the new factory be doing the production?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Congratulations! Please keep us updated on how this will effect the final products in terms of quality, design, and fabrics.

Also, I will post a photo of the navy Alloway short sleeve next time I wear it.

Will do. Our suits were already pretty great. This will take them to the next level.

Congratulations. This is wonderful news. It seems like MTM suiting is mostly handled through email and PM. Are there plans to make the process more like ordering a custom shirt on your website?

We may eventually try something similar to how we handle MTM shirting. We've heard too many horror stories of online MTM where folks don't accurately take body measurements and the suit ends up useless. We would adopt more of a try and adjust model, where you would order an OTR suit and advise of the necessary adjustments. This way you will have a good idea of what to expect. No ridiculously ill fitting surprises.

At the moment, we are running it this way via email and PM. Keeping it small to iron out any bugs.

What An Acute Style is referring to is a one-off thing that S&M did for StyleForum members only. They offered some odds and ends fabrics to be made up MTM via email for dirt cheap. (You can see what I am referring to back on post #3435).

I had them make two pair of trousers basically mimicking the Suitsupply Brentwood (high rise, single pleat, side tabs no loops, 2" cuff) and in addition, a double breasted suit. They all turned out amazing. Just incredible to get MTM for those prices.

Rick could say if that deal is still being honored or if any of the fabrics are still left. I for one would be curious if it was still going on, and if so, would the new factory be doing the production?

We do still have some fabrics in stock. The stock has already been moved and ready to go. By next week we will add the Huddersfield line up to this.

Last edited:

CMAc7

Reaction score
We do still have some fabrics in stock. The stock has already been moved and ready to go. By next week we will add the Huddersfield line up to this.

Good to hear you are still doing the SF MTM deal. What exactly is/was the Huddersfield line up?

Maybe when it is lined out what fabrics are still available/being added, you can post pics of what fabrics can be used for this program like you did last time?

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will do. Our suits were already pretty great. This will take them to the next level.

We may eventually try something similar to how we handle MTM shirting. We've heard too many horror stories of online MTM where folks don't accurately take body measurements and the suit ends up useless. We would adopt more of a try and adjust model, where you would order an OTR suit and advise of the necessary adjustments. This way you will have a good idea of what to expect. No ridiculously ill fitting surprises.

At the moment, we are running it this way via email and PM. Keeping it small to iron out any bugs.

Cool. I know that you've posted a few pics of MTM suits and sport coats. I think I speak for everyone when I say I would love to see more. Especially, stuff like double breasted or 3/2 roll jackets.

02///M3

Reaction score

Cool.  I know that you've posted a few pics of MTM suits and sport coats.  I think I speak for everyone when I say I would love to see more.  Especially, stuff like double breasted or 3/2 roll jackets.  

You definitely speak for me. This MTM upgrade is excellent news. Can't wait to get up to Toronto and get measured.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Cool.  I know that you've posted a few pics of MTM suits and sport coats.  I think I speak for everyone when I say I would love to see more.  Especially, stuff like double breasted or 3/2 roll jackets.  

I'll see what I can get up. Most folk are not adventurous enough to try anything outside a cookie cutter suit.

dappercanadian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm going in to have a solid navy 3/2 in one of the Huddersfields made up next week. I'm going with as much hand stitching as the factory can do (right now I know it's $5/button hole - not sure about other stuff). I'll be sure to post up pics when it's done!

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have a 3r2 coming my way from S&M. I'll post pictures when I get it

SouthOfBloor

Reaction score
Hey Rick, another quick question. I'm hoping to buy a new suit in the next couple weeks, was probably going to grab an OTR from the downtown store. I thought I heard you mention that there is a tailor that works in the store? So would I be able to get some alterations done in store on the OTR if I come into the downtown location (hemmed, take the waist in)??

Thanks

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had them make two pair of trousers basically mimicking the Suitsupply Brentwood (high rise, single pleat, side tabs no loops, 2" cuff) and in addition, a double breasted suit. They all turned out amazing.

Need to post pics please. On a hanger is fine.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Rick, another quick question. I'm hoping to buy a new suit in the next couple weeks, was probably going to grab an OTR from the downtown store. I thought I heard you mention that there is a tailor that works in the store? So would I be able to get some alterations done in store on the OTR if I come into the downtown location (hemmed, take the waist in)??

Thanks

Yes. Absolutely.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads