• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
There's a lot of options. Wool slacks, flannels, chinos and even jeans can work. I'd focus on neutral solids to give you more versatility. I have brown, navy, stone, cream, taupe, charcoal and green colored trousers and I feel like I'm well equipped to match every shirt and jacket combination. Sorry it this advice was a bit generic.

Also I may be in the minority but I do not like high rise trousers. Both a personal feel thing but I also think they look kind of old timey cosplay except within a very well tailored suit.
I've found trousers with a higher rise just work better with my proportions; I have a pair of S&M's summerweight chinos in the high rise and I like how they fit and look (although the fabric is another story).

Reaction score
Flannel works best for both casual and business casual. I also really like covert. I tend to feel that denim doesn’t isolate cold much but a pair of dark selvedge denim is nice to have. Spier has heavy weight chino, and moleskin that are great. My wardrobe is essentially what I mentioned in beige, dark brown, cream, stone, navy and olive.
Yeah - I have been looking at grabbing a pair of dark selvedge denim, but I run cold and our winters regularly get below freezing, so that's more of a fall and spring item here. Glad to hear their heavyweight chinos are good - I didn't love their light weight summer chinos. The fabric is too thin, even for a lightweight chino.

milktoast

Reaction score
Just tried on the Spier denim that I ordered a couple of weeks ago, and have to give credit where it's due: the color (two-year wash) and overall feel of the jeans is great. I've only really purchased raw denim jeans in the past decade or so, so this was a bit of a departure for me, but a pleasant surprise nonetheless.

The only minor hiccup being that one of the copper rivets popped off within a few seconds of trying them on. Still, I'm not terribly upset since they were a Final Sale purchase. Looking forward to wearing these out and about.

jellyroller

Reaction score
New chunky cashmere cardigans look amazing and a price point is unbelievably good!

I’d love to hear from anyone who buys one of these. I’ve been looking for a navy shawl collar cardigan and there are so many options out there. Curious as to how the quality of Spier’s stacks up.

St1X

Reaction score
I’d love to hear from anyone who buys one of these. I’ve been looking for a navy shawl collar cardigan and there are so many options out there. Curious as to how the quality of Spier’s stacks up.
I have a few cable knit cashmere sweaters from a few years ago and they are pretty good! I hope these cardigans would be made to the same standard

BB_Adept

Reaction score
Ah well, i pulled the trigger and purchased two jeans (36 and 38) with that touch of spandex. Albeit not being high rise, i'm looking forward to this. Even if they do not fit perfectly, i assume they will still fit somehow because of the spandex and i might just wear them casually. I would have prefered a try of the high rise trousers, but these are not available. Since purchasing just two items from Canada to Germany does not make sense i got some other more casual stuff hoping it will fit. Cargo pants in 38, one of the waxed jackets in 44 (hope its not too large), a down padded vest, a t shirt and 2 pullovers. Kind of excited, hope the stuff will fit comfortably enough. Considering the size charts it should.

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisjharty