• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CLH03

Reaction score
The main problem I see is that SM do not offer a true high waisted option in more traditional flat front or single pleat. High waist really begins at 12 inch rise. Most of the suits especially in the Neo Cut line would benefit greatly from it.
Yeah I’ve found this as well. The 11 something inch really isn’t for me. The pants I have that are perfect and hit right at my navel are all at least 12.5”

JohnE

Reaction score
Depends.
I have measurements though (body):
Waist 92-93cm, hips around 110-112, thigh 66.7 last I measured. Usually wear custom or size 36-38 with the waist taken in.
I bought a pair of cavour size 54 trousers mod3 last year that did fit, but I returned them because I preferred a slightly larger fit. They would have been okay though (picture attached).
I am currently interested in a couple of chinos (size 36-38), cargo pants (38) and two corduroy (high rise and normal, both 38), but I just cannot decide. They look awesome and regarding the measurement charts it should work.
BB if you weren't so swole I would have sold you a couple pairs of their high rise denim in size 34.

Reaction score
What would you guys recommend for a solid business casual fall winter trouser? These are for work, but I don't have a strict dress code, so they don't have to be overly formal. I've been looking at a pair of their high rise flannel trousers - perhaps too dressy? I generally wear a OCBD & crewneck knit sweater or something to that effect on top.

KlarkKent

Reaction score
What would you guys recommend for a solid business casual fall winter trouser? These are for work, but I don't have a strict dress code, so they don't have to be overly formal. I've been looking at a pair of their high rise flannel trousers - perhaps too dressy? I generally wear a OCBD & crewneck knit sweater or something to that effect on top.
There's a lot of options. Wool slacks, flannels, chinos and even jeans can work. I'd focus on neutral solids to give you more versatility. I have brown, navy, stone, cream, taupe, charcoal and green colored trousers and I feel like I'm well equipped to match every shirt and jacket combination. Sorry it this advice was a bit generic.

Also I may be in the minority but I do not like high rise trousers. Both a personal feel thing but I also think they look kind of old timey cosplay except within a very well tailored suit.

classicoutfits

Reaction score

Flannel works best for both casual and business casual. I also really like covert. I tend to feel that denim doesn’t isolate cold much but a pair of dark selvedge denim is nice to have. Spier has heavy weight chino, and moleskin that are great. My wardrobe is essentially what I mentioned in beige, dark brown, cream, stone, navy and olive.

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisShoults