• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

classicoutfits

Reaction score
So I finally found a couple of tailors that can do functional sleeves in my area, both asked for 200$ (one would do it by hand, the other using a machine). I find it odd though paying this much while paying for the jacket (after the awesome always SM discounts) around 450-500 or so. It's starting to approach a MTO jackets. What do you guys normally do with these Emerald sleeves?

CLH03

Reaction score
So I finally found a couple of tailors that can do functional sleeves in my area, both asked for 200$ (one would do it by hand, the other using a machine). I find it odd though paying this much while paying for the jacket (after the awesome always SM discounts) around 450-500 or so. It's starting to approach a MTO jackets. What do you guys normally do with these Emerald sleeves?
Just slap a couple buttons on there and call it a day. I don’t think I’ve ever actually used my functioning buttonholes honestly.

capablebedroom

Reaction score
I asked Spier about this. You can't change sleeve size in MTO.
That's too bad. I'm returning an Ulster for this reason, and because the weight was too heavy for the weather in my area. Does anyone have suggestions for polo or Ulster coats in a similar price range that might have more room in the arms and sleeves?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get your ex back with the help of an online spell caster who saved my relationship Dr. Utibe, do you still love and miss your ex the opportunity is here to get your ex back, don't give up yet, happiness is worth fighting for. email Dr. Utibe for help email: drutibespiritualtemple @ gmail . com
Sign me UP! How much personal information do you need?

Zaxxon8

Reaction score
That's too bad. I'm returning an Ulster for this reason, and because the weight was too heavy for the weather in my area. Does anyone have suggestions for polo or Ulster coats in a similar price range that might have more room in the arms and sleeves?
Brooks Brothers has a couple that are actually made for wear over tailoring. Their double faced navy top coat, for one.(probably too warm for you though, and looks much better in person). They also have a double faced herringbone overcoat I think works too. Their camel hair costs are decently medium weight too.

mattg1027

Reaction score
Any pics of the Redaelli Velluti Ochre corduroy jack/pants in the wild? Looks pretty bold/saturated in the photos but wondering if that translates the same in person.

Bumping this ask from back in November to see if anyone has purchased either the Ochre corduroy jacket or pants and can share their thoughts on how it translates in person (or even better, a pic!).
8204--.jpg

Also, anybody know if $800 is the limit for orders to the US before getting charged a duty? Believe that's what it is from Europe.

blewnote1

Reaction score
Bumping this ask from back in November to see if anyone has purchased either the Ochre corduroy jacket or pants and can share their thoughts on how it translates in person (or even better, a pic!).
8204--.jpg

Also, anybody know if $800 is the limit for orders to the US before getting charged a duty? Believe that's what it is from Europe.
No limit.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Looking for some advice about the olive corduroy jacket. I own 2 Neo cut Slim fit jackets from 2019. They fit fine but probably I could have benefited from the additional width of the contemporary fit.
For this olive corduroy jacket, can I go with the same size in slim cut? Sizing up or contemporary cut is not available.
Wondering if being a cotton and heavy fabric would make the jacket even narrower? Or will it stretch ?
How much width can be gained by letting out?
In addition, this jacket is from (2022?). Should I worry about the overly high armhole compared to my 2019 jackets?

Thanks a lot!

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'11'' or so but all torso, so it's very hard to find a jacket that both covers my butt and doesn't look too long at the same time. This jacket is a 40R slim
Ah I understand your plight. I suffer from the same dilema. I think this may be the best you can do without custom. Even if it looks a little short it is better for your proportions visually. I am sure you have fun with trousers as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads