• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rhodia

Reaction score
As with most things S&M, the answer is "it depends". I too am 42-44 and have the chunky cardigan from FW2020 in L. This year I had ordered the blue donegal in L which was comically small, then XL whic was still too tight, and ended up with XXL to get a comparable fit. My recent post history should have a few images.

I also had ordered the cotton shawl collar cardigan (cable knit version) earlier this year in XL but returned it as it was too small.
I am 42-44 and wear XL in all SM sweaters (cardigan, merino turtleneck & polos, etc.). I have the chunky cotton cardigan from Spring 23 (not cable). I based my size on the measurements. Large equates with 42 according to SM, but the chest is 44.1". Unless I want a skin-tight sweater, therefore, XL is the only way to go.

Cannot imagine you fitting into anything in M.

Last edited:

carterneeld

Reaction score
I'm in NYC, there's a great tailor I go to who charges only 50 dollars to do handmade buttonholes on both sleeves. I had all my sportcoats, Spier and others, done at his shop. Maybe you can reach out to him, and see if he does mail order alterations.

Would love to hear who this is, as I’m in. YC as well.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone remember when the big sale started last year? Is it around Black Friday or was it earlier in November?

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any feedback on the suede Trucker fit? Im on the fence about trying a 44 since the 46's are all gone (no suprise).

Measurements seem small for the sizing and am wondering what real world experience shows? True to size or small?

hysteria

Reaction score
I'm interested in the new polo coat fit as well. Did you try the 38s from this year? Would you suggest sizing up to wear over tailoring as the website suggests, or buying your regular size?
I did and the 38s from this year fits bigger around the waist and shoulders than 38S from last year.
It would be fine if you wear a sportcoat underneath, but if not, then it's too big for me. I def wouldn't size up to wear over tailoring.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Tux looks great. Are you wearing it with suspenders?

For everyone here what size larger than your normal pants size should you order if you plan to wear with braces?
Many thanks. Yes, wearing with braces. See link below for accessories run down:

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/the-state-of-black-tie-your-observations.275650/post-11599965

Here I’m wearing a 34 contemporary trouser, which is about 1-2 sizes larger than I normally wear. This means the waist is larger and rise higher, allowing them to better drape with the aid of the braces. Without them, they’d fall. Said drape is superb. I may start committing to the 34 contemporary given how good these turned out as I always wear my trousers with braces.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
The Tux looks great. Are you wearing it with suspenders?

For everyone here what size larger than your normal pants size should you order if you plan to wear with braces?

I always wear my S&M trousers with braces - I just take my normal size, which is 38 Contemp.

I tried out the common advice to size up for braces...got a pair in 40 Contemp for this purpose, and...they looked terrible - just plain too big everywhere. Never did it again.

Here is a pic of 38 Contemp (my size without braces) S&M Minnis flannel trousers worn with braces (blue loden from Amide Hadelin by Albert Thurston):

Amide Hadelin Braces Jan 2 2023 (3).jpg

jellyroller

Reaction score
I always wear my S&M trousers with braces - I just take my normal size, which is 38 Contemp.

I tried out the common advice to size up for braces...got a pair in 40 Contemp for this purpose, and...they looked terrible - just plain too big everywhere. Never did it again.

Here is a pic of 38 Contemp (my size without braces) S&M Minnis flannel trousers worn with braces (blue loden from Amide Hadelin by Albert Thurston):

View attachment 2067785
Are the shoes Dovers? What color?

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2067785
Are the pants a true 38 waist? Good fit!!

BlueSteel

Reaction score

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Are the pants a true 38 waist? Good fit!!

With these (and my other S&M trousers - a good few pairs) the waist measurement was exactly as indicated in the sizing chart on the website...so 39.5".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads