• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JTrent82

Reaction score

what do you guys think of this pattern? I have been wanting a balmacaan in guncheck pattern which looks like they're not restocking this year. I am hesitant because I feel this one is too "loud"
I'm pretty sure this is one of Moon's most popular fabrics- certainly one of their most well-regarded among CM enthusiasts. I don't find it particularly loud at all.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am waiting waiting waiting for this Balmacaan to be released... missed out on my size last year. Won't get caught flat-footed again.

tnd

Reaction score
Do they typically run a thanksgiving sale? wondering if I should wait for a coupon to drop next week

classicoutfits

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is one of Moon's most popular fabrics- certainly one of their most well-regarded among CM enthusiasts. I don't find it particularly loud at all.

I am waiting waiting waiting for this Balmacaan to be released... missed out on my size last year. Won't get caught flat-footed again.

Should I upsize from my regular sport jacket? I wear contemporary 38L

handy411

Reaction score
This is super helpful! I'm also a 38L contempt so was thinking about sizing up to 40S but may take the plunge on the 40cont.
I just got a 38c and am now probably going to order a 40 just to make sure because its definitely a deceptively narrow cut

milktoast

Reaction score
Should I upsize from my regular sport jacket? I wear contemporary 38L
I’d say stick to a 38. They’re designed to be pretty loose fitting and for you to wear a chunky sweater or suit jacket under them. I have one from last year and found that sticking to my regular suit size was appropriate.

User888

Reaction score
Does anyone have pics in real life of their 3 piece flannel PoW? There is a blue overcheck which I don't know how I feel about...else it's a lovely piece

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have pics in real life of their 3 piece flannel PoW? There is a blue overcheck which I don't know how I feel about...else it's a lovely piece
Not advertised, but since it's been a frequently asked question: FYI, it's a worsted (not woollen) 340g wool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads