• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zurich64

Reaction score
Yeah, I sent it back to Spier the other day. The fabric is exactly what I'm looking for, but didn't like the fit. Will probably commission an MTO balmacaan with the same Magee fabric.
Balmacaan may have the same issues with waist position. There may be pictures to check out the fit. Be careful with using the default sizes to customize the fit. You might need to start with large to get the waist down and adjust other measurements. This Ulster pattern does not look right. If someone has success in customizing the Ulster, they can perhaps share a fit picture and some details.

A12321

Reaction score
Anyone have live photos of the Minnis Emerald Green linen in Neo? Thinking about picking this up.

1671812039724.png

tmckay2

Reaction score
Can anyone testify to the fit of their denim compared to chinos? Their slim 32 chinos fit me really well but curious about if their jeans are about the same. Also does rinse wash need to go down a size?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone testify to the fit of their denim compared to chinos? Their slim 32 chinos fit me really well but curious about if their jeans are about the same. Also does rinse wash need to go down a size?
I honestly find their denim to be quite slim in the thigh for me, even with contemporary. I got a 29 Contemporary and wear a 30 Extra Slim in the chinos. The jeans feel much slimmer

tmckay2

Reaction score
I honestly find their denim to be quite slim in the thigh for me, even with contemporary. I got a 29 Contemporary and wear a 30 Extra Slim in the chinos. The jeans feel much slimmer

That's interesting. I wonder if it's due to material stiffness. I did notice the hip is slightly wider and thigh slimmer which is a little strange. I wish it were easier to return items with spier, I'd buy may more stuff. I always just stick with what I know fits haha. I don't want jeans skin tight but like them snug for a dressier look.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Hudson

Reaction score
Does anyone have sizing advice for Spier's knit polos?

I'm currently 6'0", 158lbs and wear a size 38 contemporary in their sportcoats. Chest measures 39.5". Would size S be too tight?

Also, does the size of the merino wool long sleeve knit polos differ from that of the cotton-silk short sleeve polos?
Their knit polos will shrink substantially on the first wash so I'd go for the M.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if they're going to bring back their sweatshirts? I really liked the fit and look. Need a grey colour

JTrent82

Reaction score
Spier overcoat and scarf 100% candid. I wish the quarters closed but overall I'm happy with the fit for OTR. Merry Christmas, SF crew.

1671839360203.png

edit: also I'm wearing the cableknit crew underneath- you can't see it but it's very warm. I should have gotten the turtleneck, but I love it anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads