• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
In my experience about two days for small orders, 4 or 5 for larger ones. They email with an update

And can be a few days longer if you requested tailoring (like cuffing/hemming on trousers).

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TBD if the stock refresh is legit, but got the navy seersucker...fingers crossed both jacket and trews are in stock.
How long does it usually take Spier to ship out items after ordering these days? Do they provide a follow-up email with tracking once shipped?
Pleasant surprise on multiple fronts. Full order shipped...~2 days post order.

NOT my usual timeline. Usually it's around a week or so. Which is fine, for me. Not ideal (some others AVs are MUCH better), but it's fine...and free.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Likely won’t be a buy for me (solely due to my boring tastes), but this Di Pray jacket looks GREAT.
F5D93C06-5489-4EE3-BD67-8897CA55A468.jpeg

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where Spier is moving to? Are they staying in the area, just in a larger warehouse or else?

blewnote1

Reaction score
Indeed. Formalwear being the caveat. I’ve struck gold with 1.75” cuffs.

I have yet to try 2" cuffs, but after the first few at 1 5/8" (which I guess used to be standard for those of us ringing in at 5'10"), I asked my tailor to bump it up to 1 3/4" and I'm pleased with the result. They don't appear to be excessive to me, and I like the way they look.

I will probably keep the occasional flat front trouser uncuffed, but I like how the extra weight helps the pants drape better. And it just seems rather dapper on odd trousers (and was how they hemmed odd trousers in the golden era).

tmckay2

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with their brushed wool fabrics? Flannel sometimes feels a bit heavy and hot to me, even in the fall and winter, curious if their brushed wool is a bit of a compromise. Love the flannel-ish look in fall.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have yet to try 2" cuffs, but after the first few at 1 5/8" (which I guess used to be standard for those of us ringing in at 5'10"), I asked my tailor to bump it up to 1 3/4" and I'm pleased with the result. They don't appear to be excessive to me, and I like the way they look.

I will probably keep the occasional flat front trouser uncuffed, but I like how the extra weight helps the pants drape better. And it just seems rather dapper on odd trousers (and was how they hemmed odd trousers in the golden era).
I liked the appeal of 2” cuffs and how they looked on other folks, but I’m at home with and will likely stay at 1.75”. I do plan to experiment with a 1.75” on a high rise flat front odd trouser just to add some diversity to the mix.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads