• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BomTrady

Reaction score
I turn into this guy after 85F. I can't do CM in hot weather. Stealing it from @BomTrady

1646276055268-png.1761023
I love these cartoons form Croquissartoriaux.tumblr.com. The details kills me; spalla comicia, wide lapels, edge and seam hand stitching (although frequently derided by @dieworkwear), 3 r 2, 2-button sleeves on jacket, 2-inch cuff trousers sans belt and Baudoin & Lange Sagan tassels. This dude even has a little spezz going on with the unbutton collar. He could easily be @wilcthree or @ericgereghty.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love these cartoons form Croquissartoriaux.tumblr.com. The details kills me; spalla comicia, wide lapels, edge and seam hand stitching (although frequently derided by @dieworkwear), 3 r 2, 2-button sleeves on jacket, 2-inch cuff trousers sans belt and Baudoin & Lange Sagan tassels. This dude even has a little spezz going on with the unbutton collar. He could easily be @wilcthree or @ericgereghty.

hahaha. Much appreciated. HOWEVER… I wouldn’t be out in the streets Belgians sans socks. Otherwise, the cartoon is accurate A-1.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered 5 products recently (suits and jackets sale). Got email notification that three items of the five shipped via email. When the package arrived, they weren’t the same three items as identified in the shipping email, and—to date—no word on the other two items. No word from customer service either on the discrepancies.

Any similar issues? Something to be overly concerned about, or just let it play out?

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered 5 products recently (suits and jackets sale). Got email notification that three items of the five shipped via email. When the package arrived, they weren’t the same three items as identified in the shipping email, and—to date—no word on the other two items. No word from customer service either on the discrepancies.

Any similar issues? Something to be overly concerned about, or just let it play out?

Wait it out a bit longer. If after a week you don't get the rest of the items, send them an email. They'll sort you out.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

harorld

Reaction score
Quick question regarding measuring the leg length of a pair of trousers.. I am looking at these DARK GREEN HIGH RISE TROUSERS - from my measurements it looks like a size 30 SLIM would fit me well. I am thinking of rolling the dice and ordering them hemmed with a cuff. I've never ordered trousers before. I have a pair of S&M chinos in a 30 contemporary that fit me well with a relaxed fit.

Can I lay out flat a pair of chinos (non S&M brand) and measure the leg length and just use that measurement for my hem on the trousers? If so, I'm unsure of where on the crotch to start the measurement. Do I need to take the measurement while standing and wearing the chinos I am using to determine my leg length? Any videos on youtube that can clearly show my how S&M recommends getting the length of your trousers?

OR

Should I just order them with no hem and get them done in person?

Thanks in advance!

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
A leg measurement is the inseam measurement. This is universal. You start at the fork, which is the point in the crotch where four seams come together; the two leg seams, the ass seam and the fly seam.

Get the cuffs done locally after arrival. Done before hand is too chancey.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any reviews and pics on the recent sweatpants?

I have it in Navy. Went with a size Large as it fits me better in the legs. The waist is a bit loose but thats just how it goes for me with pants in general. I'm a fan of the sweats though. Thick and comfortable. When in doubt I size up as I find Spier and Mckay clothing shrinks. Or I'm just making them gains :)

minho

Reaction score
Anyone know what the current estimated turnaround time is for custom dress shirts? I'm a new customer, so I'm not sure if the 4-6weeks on their website would apply to me as well (I understand they send me a sample that I return again?)

I've e-mailed them and called them but haven't heard back, and wanted to place an order ASAP if the ETA is under 8 weeks (my wedding is early May).

Any help would be appreciated!

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick question regarding measuring the leg length of a pair of trousers.. I am looking at these DARK GREEN HIGH RISE TROUSERS - from my measurements it looks like a size 30 SLIM would fit me well. I am thinking of rolling the dice and ordering them hemmed with a cuff. I've never ordered trousers before. I have a pair of S&M chinos in a 30 contemporary that fit me well with a relaxed fit.

Can I lay out flat a pair of chinos (non S&M brand) and measure the leg length and just use that measurement for my hem on the trousers? If so, I'm unsure of where on the crotch to start the measurement. Do I need to take the measurement while standing and wearing the chinos I am using to determine my leg length? Any videos on youtube that can clearly show my how S&M recommends getting the length of your trousers?

OR

Should I just order them with no hem and get them done in person?

Thanks in advance!

get them unhemmed. As you said, it's hard to extrapolate the proper inseam length from one pair of trousers to another of a different make/model. After you get them hemmed locally, you can apply the inseam measurement from those trousers to future orders -- but only for the same type/model of trouser.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads