• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those were not Spier cords but they were Brisbane Moss 8 wale. There is some sheen yes but that is a characteristic of cord. May be exaggerated in my photos a little because of the studio lighting.

Thanks for confirming that. The exaggerated sheen is what contributed to my apprehension. The SC definitely looks lush. ??

I'm assuming that 8 wale cord you are referring to is probably in the 14oz range?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For proper cords like that, are they wearable with casual outfits? That's what's holding me back is the potential sheen.

Think field jacket, OCBD, chukkas etc.

Was my thought as well. I'm looking to walk around with a pair of cords at the local playground with my boys. Don't want to come off as the obnoxious College professor, and a overly sheen'd cord will project that image.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For proper cords like that, are they wearable with casual outfits? That's what's holding me back is the potential sheen.

Think field jacket, OCBD, chukkas etc.

Absolutely yes, cord is a casual fabric.

Thanks for confirming that. The exaggerated sheen is what contributed to my apprehension. The SC definitely looks lush. ??

I'm assuming that 8 wale cord you are referring to is probably in the 14oz range?

Probably more like 16oz, they’re heavy, and warm ?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you go off of the sizing chart?
I went off the bracketed sizing. I usually wear a 36R Slim Sport Coat. The chest and shoulders seem excessively large for what a SC is, so it may even be too big for me I am unsure

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ties are back in stock—and I love that most of the striped ones have the European “uphill” stripe direction.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it may require a different pattern than flat fronts, and S&M just slaps them on, hence the issue. Someone can feel free to correct me if this is wrong.

@vriche had some MTO ones made, and I took note that they looked worse than OTR trousers. I wonder if they ever fixed that.

If that happened with in-person MTM I would not be satisfied.
A new pair was made and the issue was fixed. One thing that wasn't fixed was the loop for the extended waistband was still missing. I have a few other trousers made since and those are fine as well.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A new pair was made and the issue was fixed. One thing that wasn't fixed was the loop for the extended waistband was still missing. I have a few other trousers made since and those are fine as well.
Any pics? I was also looking for a higher rise and with pleats. If that actually works, then this MTO thing sounds more appealing.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn those safari jackets are selling fast.
I believe they're great value if that's the look you're going for. I haven't seen any other brand selling safari jackets withing S&M's price point. If it's your style, you should jump the gun, imo.

ULCajun

Reaction score
I believe they're great value if that's the look you're going for. I haven't seen any other brand selling safari jackets withing S&M's price point. If it's your style, you should jump the gun, imo.
Really need to see an IRL shot of this. Unfortunately they could be sold out by that time

conak

Reaction score

tenor.gif

Hope there's a high-rise trouser planned with that... Glad to see they didn't crush all my hopes with welted pockets

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads