• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Shared some of these photos in the tailors thread as well, and wanted to ask for some thoughts on which if either of these sport coat sizes/fits (38S slim vs. contemporary) is best. Or if you would recommend an alternative size entirely.

Also wanted to ask whether the fit in this sport coat would be a good measure of the fit in the same size/cut in other tailored jackets at S&M? I believe this is in the 'neo' cut--I've read through some of the past pages of posts but I'm not sure I fully understand the different variations even for those jackets with a 'neo' cut.

Dipping my toes into tailoring, really appreciate any help, thank you!

View attachment 2214711

The slim is too small for you. The pulling across the lower back and the vents pushing out (they won't sit flat) are clear signs.

Way better to buy contemporary - which hangs way better on you - and have some minor adjustments made by a tailor to pinch the waist a bit, etc.

Sam L

Reaction score
Has anyone who has used SuitSupply's custom program tried using those same measurements to get to their S&M custom measurements with good results?

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shared some of these photos in the tailors thread as well, and wanted to ask for some thoughts on which if either of these sport coat sizes/fits (38S slim vs. contemporary) is best. Or if you would recommend an alternative size entirely.

Also wanted to ask whether the fit in this sport coat would be a good measure of the fit in the same size/cut in other tailored jackets at S&M? I believe this is in the 'neo' cut--I've read through some of the past pages of posts but I'm not sure I fully understand the different variations even for those jackets with a 'neo' cut.

Dipping my toes into tailoring, really appreciate any help, thank you!

View attachment 2214711
View attachment 2214713
Im with @BlueSteel on this. The slim is too tight for the reasons stated. Remember also it is easier to take in a bigger jacket than to let out a smaller one due to the available material. Additionally most of us don’t get smaller with age so have some insurance.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neo 3 cut sport coat. I really like the clean roped shoulders.
F6110C46-BF50-4301-9671-9AC00C3DD4A1.jpeg

12E5AE61-FC30-401F-A37F-52794E354E88.jpeg

CF4327D2-1C17-4D1B-9EB4-BD16AA2F10BB.jpeg

FD437336-2008-4068-9EAF-9CC7E963C13B.jpeg

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm loving the Neo 3 Cut as well as the English Cut suits. I think there a few of us here that like structure and thank goodness that Spier is going in that direction.
Agreed!

SpierTeam

Reaction score
Has anyone who has used SuitSupply's custom program tried using those same measurements to get to their S&M custom measurements with good results?
Hi Sam, we generally advise not to use measurements from other brands as our MTO program is based on our own stock sizing and patterns. If you'd like to know more about our custom program, please email [email protected]

Viatu

Reaction score

I have. I used my SuitSupply measurements for trousers to order a pair of S&M MTO trousers and it worked out. I'm considering doing the same with my SuitSupply jacket measurements.

SpierTeam

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Apologies for the prolonged absence. The CS team (Deanna, Abby & Brandon) will now do our best to follow along once again with the thread and answer questions on a daily basis. Rick used to monitor the thread himself, but unfortunately his day to day has become too hectic and he could no longer keep up regularly with the fast pace of the thread.

Members of the CS team have periodically checked in, but have not properly engaged in the past. We are making the effort to be present and answer questions and inquiries on a regular basis. We've experienced fairly remarkable growth the last few years, not only in terms of our rapidly growing customer base but also in the expansion of our team. Our focus over the past couple of years has been to keep things above water and moving in the right direction and not totally getting derailed by our fast growth. We get hundreds of inquires a day, through email, chat, IG, etc., and it has been a challenge to just keep up. That said, our team will do our best to be present in this thread during regular business hours to answer questions and inquiries as best we can.

We would like to note we ask for your patience in response time. The best way to connect would still be via our Chat or email at [email protected] where our CS team will happily assist, as that is still the main channel we use and reply to a majority of inquiries within a 24 hour window.

If you have any questions or inquiries that you would like us to address, please feel free to let us know will respond as quickly as we can.

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bartroels02