• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cartwright

Reaction score
Haha, Epaulet Doyle jacket

Wonder if it was one of the "summer oxfords", those for sure had that problem. It tames down quite a bit after ironing.
Nice, I need a jacket like that in my life.

It is the summer oxford, good to hear it settles after ironing. No big deal, it's $20, but thought I'd let others know - I didn't know about the issue with the summer oxfords.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2015 madras, probably my favorite one even though newer ones have better collars.

2017-07-23 19.06.26_edited-2.jpg

marchello

Reaction score
For MTM products, does S&P do soft (unfused) full spread collars? Under the collar selection I see an option for 'C5 - Casual Soft', however, I don't see an option for Full Spread Soft. Is this something S&P could do if communicated through to them after the order?

CMAc7

Reaction score
@spiermackay ,

Have you thought about running another StyleForum MTM with odds and ends like you did around this time last year? I would really like to commission a few more single pleat, tab side adjuster trousers and I am also mulling the idea of a MTM chalk stripe suit in either a navy or charcoal.

One last thing, have you resurrected the outerwear idea for this season? If not, could something be commissioned via MTM?

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have the Olive green cotton trousers in contemporary fit (31 or 32) they'd like to trade for a pair of 31 in the slim cut? Brand new with tags. Don't know how I ordered slim but I did and the contemporary are gone.

Very pleased with quality and construction nonetheless.

facetious

Reaction score
Will you be bringing in new suit styles for the fall? I like your wares - but I'm a 38L, and might be able to make a 38R work. But there isn't much selection in 38R slim.

It would be nice to see a English tailoring influenced option. Roped shoulders with a low-ish button stance, notch lapels with a narrow gorge. That would be nice.

Spex

Reaction score
For MTM products, does S&P do soft (unfused) full spread collars? Under the collar selection I see an option for 'C5 - Casual Soft', however, I don't see an option for Full Spread Soft. Is this something S&P could do if communicated through to them after the order?

Yes, if you ask for this in your order comments they will. I did it in the past, and there were recent notes on the forum by Rick on how they've since improved their unfused collar.

In the chino tip, I recently picked up 2 pairs (coffee brown and navy). I usually wear their Contemporary trouser in 32, but in this case went for a Slim 33, mostly because the 32 chino is too short. I was going to buy a pair in 33 Contemp, but saw that there was still a navy in 33 Slim, so took a chance and bought both pairs in slim. This worked perfectly for me, and the fit is fantastic. I find the top block very comfortable, compared to other slim fitting chinos I've worn (including Brooks Brothers). The material is truly great, especially compared to the material from a couple of seasons back, but even in comparison to other chinos I've handled.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sold someone on IG on getting the silk linen suit haha. Though they messaged me because they bought the suit and a second pair of trousers because they were confused on the website somehow. So they will be emailing to sort that out.

I took a look and maybe it would be a good idea to add a pic of trousers with the suits along with noting what size trouser is standard with each size. Do they normally come drop 6?

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sale is pretty incredible. Can anyone recommend the tan cotton suit? I was interested a while ago but was hesitant. I can picture wearing as separates but not a full suit. A little too casual.

Cartwright

Reaction score
Sale is pretty incredible. Can anyone recommend the tan cotton suit? I was interested a while ago but was hesitant. I can picture wearing as separates but not a full suit. A little too casual.
I have the Navy cotton suit and it's a nice suit, especially for $199 at the warehouse sale (I wish I got it for $199!)

I debated picking up the the tan to wear as separates, but opted not to. Burzan has some nice shots of the tan pants with a cuff.

Last edited:

Cartwright

Reaction score
I took a look and maybe it would be a good idea to add a pic of trousers with the suits along with noting what size trouser is standard with each size. Do they normally come drop 6?

The drop 6 is definitely on the sizing charts, but you're right on the item description might help avoid confusion.

konix

Reaction score
Anyone here purchased the bring blue hopsack blazer can give me their thoughts and some photos of it in the wild?

bright-hopsack-main2472_big.jpg

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Navy cotton suit and it's a nice suit, especially for $199 (I wish I got it for $199!)

I debated picking up the the tan to wear as separates, but opted not to. Burzan has some nice shots of the tan pants with a cuff.

Honestly miss the gallery view so much, looking back on old thread pics at a glance was awesome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads