1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spiermackay, Mar 14, 2014.

1. clarksdb

clarksdb Well-Known Member

I was sick that day so I wore an undershirt. Perhaps that could be creating the issue. I will wear it next time without an undershirt and see if the problem still persists. If it does then will take it to Rick.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  2. Spex

Spex Well-Known Member

I can't imagine that an undershirt would make any difference, they are not typically that thick. In fact, I make a point of always wearing an undershirt in an effort to enhance the longevity of my quality shirts.

3. CMAc7

CMAc7 Well-Known Member

Any clues about what you have been looking at for SS16? My vote is for some fresco trousers/sportcoats and matka/shantung/grenadine ties.

4. losrockets

losrockets Well-Known Member

^I actually would say to stay out of the grenadine market. There are too many sellers right now all hovering around the same price point, I'm not seeing much differentiation among them, which will make it hard for you to gain a foothold with buyers. Matka/shantung are nice but again, I don't know if S&M could obtain materials and then have them crafted at a price point significantly different from competitors who are already established. That said, I'd love some shantung. One of the tie/square/accessory affiliates recently closed their aff thread because there were too many similar companies on SF and they decided to pursue different marketing avenues.

Fresco - would be super excited to see something with this or a tropical weight wool, that said I'm quite happy with your wool/linen blends, they're a fairly unique selection and for those of us in tropical climates, a boon.

I think there's some buttondown linens coming, I'm so excited for these. Beyond this, I'm pretty stoked for any offerings and can't wait for previews to start rolling out.

5. doodledoc

doodledoc Well-Known Member

Matka, shantung, and grenadine ties can all be found at chippneckwear.com. I have 2 grenadines and I'm very happy with them.

6. NickInTO

NickInTO Well-Known Member

Are there any plain white fabrics on the way? Need a shirt made up for my wedding in April, and there's only oxford fabrics in plain white on the website right now.

7. Johnsson

Johnsson Well-Known Member

The cheap grenadine market may be over-saturated, but if you look at it in terms of a low cost item to add to an order while you're taking advantage of free shipping, you could see how they might move a lot of them. Taking it one step further, the utility of a solid coloured tie may help sell patterned shirts.

I would love to see some fresco trousers as well - ideally a lightweight version for the summer and a heavier workhorse for the rest of the year.

8. dappercanadian

dappercanadian Well-Known Member

X100000 on the grenadines. Also, they're fucking hard to find in the GTA in b&m stores.

9. spiermackay

spiermackay Well-Known Member

Yes. Already talking to Monti and Canclini and arranging the cloth. Should be Mid-Late April release.

Fits are basically the same. The short is approx. 1 1/4" shorter in the body and 1" shorter in the sleeves.
    Could be a couple of different things. Button position, too tight on one side, jacket not sitting correctly. Come in and have Ahmed take a look at it.

1 person likes this.
  10. spiermackay

Yes, we will restock shortly in Plain poplin, Royal Twill, Royal Oxford, Fine Twill, Panama, a few textures and will introduce a Premium Poplin and Premium Heavy Twill.

11. nickrut

nickrut Well-Known Member

Shortly as in the next day or two or like within a few weeks?

12. spiermackay

Plain poplin has already been restocked. Others will be up hopefully within a week or so.

13. fieldofdreams

fieldofdreams Well-Known Member

You may have answered this, but I can't remember. When will you have some new full spread shirts? I'm looking specifically for light blue.

14. flvinny521

flvinny521 Well-Known Member

Can clients who've made custom shirt orders please chime in on the level of custom fit options allowed? For example, with Luxire, I have forward and sloped shoulder measurements, different widths on the back of the shirt vs the front for the chest, waist and bottom, different length sleeves, different width shirt cuffs (watch allowance), etc. Are all these possible with S&M as well? I see there's no field to add information like this in the order, so am I out of luck, or can I e-mail after the purchase with other notes?

Also, how long does it generally take to get a return authorization? I know I e-mailed while they were closed for the holidays, but I'm hoping to get that process started so I can take advantage of the current Boxing Day coupons and time is running out quickly.

15. spiermackay

Let me check with my production manager and get back to you. I know they are on the machines right now though.

We can do pretty much everything Luxire can. Just mention the changes in the notes before checkout. If we have any questions we'll contact you before we start anything.

You should have received the RA# by now. Can you PM me your order#.

Rick

1 person likes this.
  16. nickrut

nickrut Well-Known Member

Hey Rick do you anticipate the new fabrics being up before the promo code expires?

17. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

Happy new year to everyone.

Now that we're in 2016, what can we expect from S&M? I know the new location is slated for March which is great news.

Thanks

18. pwm1961

pwm1961 New Member

A question for US domiciled members of this thread. What (if any) import duties or taxes are you charged with when receiving shirts from S&M? I am looking at having an order shipped to Florida and was curious whether there were any additional costs in the form of import duties or taxes.

19. doodledoc

doodledoc Well-Known Member

None.

20. jbarwick

jbarwick Well-Known Member

Just got my first haul of S&M shirts. The contemporary fit is amazing and will now be my go to shirt. The fit compared to the Barba Napoli I was wearing today was a lot better though the Barba is untailored but the S&M was straight from the package with a better fit. Love this and may order some more later after a glass or 2 of wine!