• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, this is a great debate. Quite lively and great feedback. lots to think about. We still have time and we will make the best decision possible for the business at this point. I personally want to use Italian cloth, because its something we haven't done before, but again, I have to think about the Canadian market first.

We will be offering Custom suit cloth from Huddersfield, Holland & Sherry (Including their new Harris Tweed line), F.Lli Cerruti and Guabello, hopefully by the end of this month or by early next month. We will also be able to offer this cloth in both MTO and MTM, so few options on the table.

The Model 1 Core used an Asian Mill called Natsun. Model 2, switched up to Asian Mill Dino Filarte. As for the quality of the Asian Mills, especially Filarte and Ruyi, the cloth is really exceptional. TBH, The Reda 110's was pretty underwhelming in comparison. The Reda is similar to the Model 1 core cloth from Natsun. The Guabello is a bit better. We were never able to work with Ruyi before because or purchase quantity was too low. We are now at a point where we can start and we'll probably phase them in to the Half Canvas at least.

BTW, Huddersfield now produces over 1 Million metres/year in China and no one would blink an eye to the quality. But the allure of Italian cloth is still there and we don't dismiss that for a second.

linds_15

Reaction score
so how does the fabric, both the asian and italian, being considered for the full canvas compare to the model 2? and what would you compare it to as far as something we have probably seen OTR somewhere?

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
We will be offering Custom suit cloth from Huddersfield, Holland & Sherry (Including their new Harris Tweed line), F.Lli Cerruti and Guabello, hopefully by the end of this month or by early next month. We will also be able to offer this cloth in both MTO and MTM, so few options on the table.

Will you have an entire swatch books of Holland & Sherry and Cerruti to choose from?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
so how does the fabric, both the asian and italian, being considered for the full canvas compare to the model 2? and what would you compare it to as far as something we have probably seen OTR somewhere?

The new Navy, Charcoal and Light Gray (actually all OTR fabrics that have product code 10005 in them) are the new Filarte 110's which we carry now. These compare very well to most of the Italian 110's that I've seen from Guabello, VBC, Drago. Better than the Reda and just shy from what I saw from Loro Piana.

I would say better than the VBC 110's from Suitsupply.

Will you have an entire swatch books of Holland & Sherry and Cerruti to choose from?

We will have full books. Not sure if the entire collection or not, but a heck of a lot of swatches.

doodledoc

Reaction score
The new Navy, Charcoal and Light Gray (actually all OTR fabrics that have product code 10005 in them) are the new Filarte 110's which we carry now. These compare very well to most of the Italian 110's that I've seen from Guabello, VBC, Drago. Better than the Reda and just shy from what I saw from Loro Piana.

I would say better than the VBC 110's from Suitsupply.

We will have full books. Not sure if the entire collection or not, but a heck of a lot of swatches.
What's the cloth on the Blue Texture and the blue small check?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New Brushed Wool Trousers. Going up today.

Blue Shadow Glen Check

Blue Houndstooth

Charcoal & Blue Overcheck

Grey Houndstooth

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Belts going up tomorrow. All belts are Top Grain Italian Sourced leather with Nubuck backing. $48 CAD.

Black Dress Belt - 30 mm - Polished Nicked Buckle.

Black Semi Casual Belt - 33 mm - Brushed Nickel Buckle.

Mid Brown Dress Belt. 30 mm - Polished Nickel Buckle.

Mid Brown Semi Casual Belt - 33 mm - Brushed Nickel Buckle.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Funny you asked. We were just talking about that here in the office. Any colours you would like to see?

Yep. Chocolate (really dark brown) and snuff suede. Maybe tan as well?

Suede is my favourite material when it comes to shoes so that would be awesome.

zinc2162

Reaction score
New Brushed Wool Trousers. Going up today.

Blue Shadow Glen Check

Blue Houndstooth

Charcoal & Blue Overcheck

Grey Houndstooth

Looks good Rick. I think I have too many blue pants but I might have to pick one up.

Question to you Rick and other guys here, are there any sport coat that can be worn with blue/navy odd trousers and are not brown? I see a lot of gents wearing brown sport coats with navy trousers and they look very good. but I just don't look good in brown tone sport coat and always struggle to find something to pair with my navy trousers.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Belts going up tomorrow. All belts are Top Grain Italian Sourced leather with Nubuck backing. $48 CAD.

Black Dress Belt - 30 mm - Polished Nicked Buckle.

Black Semi Casual Belt - 33 mm - Brushed Nickel Buckle.

Mid Brown Dress Belt. 30 mm - Polished Nickel Buckle.

Mid Brown Semi Casual Belt - 33 mm - Brushed Nickel Buckle.

Looks good. I will pick up one to try.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Chocolate suede or Medium brown suede would probably be a hit.

On another note...I just got in 3 shirts today, and in short I am simply blown away. The Simcoe flannel shirts are easily the most comfortable shirts I have ever put on. I got the blue and the burgundy/navy check and they are spectacular. The only nitpick I have is that they may be better served with a button down collar, but in no way is that a deal breaker. If these shirts fit you, you should order them immediately.

The third shirt I received is the light blue Milner stripe. It is also very comfortable, and what you can't see in the photos is that it has an interesting weave and texture to it--not unlike you would see in a linen shirt. I really can't believe the pricepoint these are going at.

Going forward, I think certain shirts that lean towards casual wear (herringbone flannels) would go a long way with having a button down collar. Also, better descriptions of the fabrics on the site is a must. For example, the red&blue check flannel shirt is also a herringbone texture, and it doesn't state that anywhere in the description. I think it would take a lot of the guesswork out of the equation and minimize returns. I will definitely be keeping these three.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads