• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

@#$%&*# Spammers

Mudhiker

Reaction score
There needs to be some sort of spammer-filter thing, so that once a person creates an account they are presented with a quiz involving pics of Spoos's shoes, NYRanger's Jackets, Vox's quotes, and Foo's one shoe. Only after passing 75% will he, she, or it be allowed to post a new thread.

Happy Friday everybody. Tip your waitress.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I might be ready at 1,000 posts to make a new thread. Should be policy really, I mean, there is a question thread pinned already, isn't there?

emptym

Reaction score
Along w/ other improvements, the new system will have a smart spam blocker that we will modify daily. Should make our job a lot easier.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Definitely should be a minimum post limit before new threads can be created. Also, to stop spammers just posting in existing threads instead, there should also be a minimum membership period before any posts can be made; it doesn't need to be a long time, a day or two would probably turn off most spammers who would normally just sign up and post immediately (and it might encourage new members to read a bit before asking questions which may already have been answered).

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
laugh.gif
click back on your browser and look at the thread underneath this
lol8[1].gif

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Agreed. Definitely should be a minimum post limit before new threads can be created. Also, to stop spammers just posting in existing threads instead, there should also be a minimum membership period before any posts can be made; it doesn't need to be a long time, a day or two would probably turn off most spammers who would normally just sign up and post immediately (and it might encourage new members to read a bit before asking questions which may already have been answered).

Just implementing the latter rule would dramatically cut down on spam- and probably increase use of the quick questions thread for the newbie questions.

I don't think the first is really all that necessary.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There should be diffently a limited of 50 posts restrictions before making a topic. This would deal with the most common spam problems.

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Sometimes I get drunk and post stupid stuff on the internets, but at least I am not a spammer. **** them all.

howbah

Reaction score
whoa.

lynch mob mentality here.

old fashion corn bread nailed to the soles of your bespoke shoes - who among you would have thought to suggest that?

yeah ... I didn't think so.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achillus
There should be diffently a limited of 50 posts restrictions before making a topic. This would deal with the most common spam problems.

More likely to fill threads with more comments like

"I think this is a good idea"

"Wow, very stylish"

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the minimum membership time is a great idea, it would probably circumvent the above problem while also decreasing the amount of spam. I'd say somewhere between a week and a month would work... hell even two days (as posted earlier) may work...

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Make it 3 days of no posting or starting threads, with a message telling them to browse certain sections/topics/threads before they can once they are given the privileges. This should reduce unnecessary threads, and help gain familiarity with the website layout. Call this the official "lurking" period of membership.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
More likely to fill threads with more comments like "I think this is a good idea" "Wow, very stylish"
Or filling threads with useless comments like: ''It's not velvet?'' ''Mundane on these boards, but not in the wild. '' ''White, Light Blue, Champagne, Mint''

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zuhoouk