• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Solito Thread

philipf90

Reaction score

Ciardi starts at 2200 euros in Naples I believe. A friend of mine recently received his jacket from Ciardi and the back is so clean, its sublime. 

The SC was not requested to be so short. The chinos I was wearing was quite a low rise (lower than what I usually wear) which makes the overall effect look quite short. I think if the jacket was about 2-3cm longer it would be perfect. 

Great, put me on the list then for the potential london trunk show.

xysteine

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I am planning for a bespoke trip to napoli and have been thinking of Solito as a tailor for my bespoke overcoats. I have tried to contact him via email but haven't heard from him yet like for weeks. So I thought I would ask you about what I have been curious about.

I would love to finish the first fitting and the second fitting on my trip there. I don't think I can make it back there once more for like 5 years. So I really need to get the fitting parts sorted out whilst I'm in Napoli. The question is, how many days do you think I should be in Napoli for? I've read a comment on other sartorias' average periods of time, but couldn't catch even a glimpse of solito's. Please help me out. Thanks.

Last edited:

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Ciardi cut is about as classic a neapolitan cut as any other. For me, the Ciardi fits a lot better than my Solito. In fact, after I brought it back to Naples to have a third alteration and a fitting, Luigi brought it back to London this time and it got worse - the left sleeve is now completely twisted, which is very disappointing for me because I was intending on wearing it for my graduation this coming thursday.

The reason I was looking for cloth is because I only go to Naples for a night, and if I go to the tailors and pick a cloth, they wouldn't be able to rush a fitting out the next day as they would have to order the cloth. Also, I was looking for a very particular shade of reddish brown for a sport coat, which is less readily available than the standard blue.

Great jacket. How many fittings did you have? Also, how accommodating were they to squeeze in fittings whilst you were over in Naples?

leapyourbar

Reaction score
someone make it to the NYC trunk show? pissed off i couldn't get out of work to go. i have been trying to have a suit done forever -- i saw luigi last year, but i didn't start a commission as my wife and i were expecting at that time, and i wasn't certain i could make it back for a second fitting. i booked with orazio luciano in june, but pino's flight was cancelled, so we couldn't get it done. i am just hoping to have everything done in naples, now.

PSNY

Reaction score
First fitting today with Luigi, very good so far, very happy with the fitting. We are adding 1cm (what are opinions on adding more say 1.5cm?) in length, bringing in the waist, and opening up the arm hole and chest a bit. Fabric is VBC Montecarlo Hopsack, 30130

Attachments

• IMG_2109.jpeg
    IMG_2109.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2108.jpeg
    IMG_2108.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2106.jpeg
    IMG_2106.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_2107.jpeg
    IMG_2107.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

leapyourbar

Reaction score
Prima prova! Brown crispaire, patch pockets (barchetta) and Ambrosi for the pants (double pleated with side tabs). Cut by Luigi.

I couldn't be happier with how this worked out so far -- Luigi was incredibly accommodating in ensuring that I got the fabric I wanted in time (I was in Napoli for 6 days) and could do the second fitting by the end of the week accordingly. Gennaro was also kind enough to stay late on Friday to do the second fitting in Napoli. Excuse my fit as my wife, son, and I spent the day hanging out in Positano and rushed back to Gennaro didn't have to stay too late!

Solito1.jpg
Solito2.jpg
Solito3.jpg

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prima prova! Brown crispaire, patch pockets (barchetta) and Ambrosi for the pants (double pleated with side tabs). Cut by Luigi.

I couldn't be happier with how this worked out so far -- Luigi was incredibly accommodating in ensuring that I got the fabric I wanted in time (I was in Napoli for 6 days) and could do the second fitting by the end of the week accordingly. Gennaro was also kind enough to stay late on Friday to do the second fitting in Napoli. Excuse my fit as my wife, son, and I spent the day hanging out in Positano and rushed back to Gennaro didn't have to stay too late!

View attachment 1985827 View attachment 1985829 View attachment 1985831
Cool jacket, horrible t-shirt ;) Forza Juve!

leapyourbar

Reaction score
you better hope Gigi doesn't check this thread and see that!!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads