• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Didn't see this thread. Been watching the Arsenal trade news and been getting more and more depressed with each report. Nothing that exciting coming in and Fabregas, Nasri (well, maybe not Nasri, but I can't see him being stellar this season, he kind of strikes me as the kind of player that would go out grudgingly and give mediocre performances), Clichy

Liverpool will definitely be the team to watch, I'm actually excited to see them and would not at all be surprised to see them sitting in 2nd or 3rd (did I just say that?). Too bad the Reds weren't able to secure Keisuke Honda, that would have been one hell of a squad
+1. ESPN Soccernet appears to have Arsenal rumors about someone every damn day, but nothing coming to fruition. It's still early in the transfer market and Wenger isn't one to overspend, but we have quite a few holes to plug. Would love to see some defensive help soon. I'm getting sick of this Fabregas/Nasri **** too. One day they're staying, the next they're leaving. I wish it would just get figured out one way or the other asap so that they can move forward and know exactly what they need to focus on and how much they have to do it with. So far it appears that we've added Gervinho. I really don't know too much about him and how he'd fit into the scheme.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Luka Modric's transfer request leaked out on to the net!

DtnPJ.jpg

DJ5EG.jpg

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FULL OF WIN ^^^

Last edited:

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't think you realize how important Eastenders is. It's more than a show, it's a lifestyle

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been going to MLS (FC Dallas) games lately with a friend - kinda got into watching on TV with the World Cup and MLS Playoffs last year, but going to a live game is even better. I'm going to try to get tickets in the supporters section here when the weather cools down a bit - their corner is in the sun til almost 9pm and since it's still 100F at 8pm...

I don't foresee soccer overtaking the sports I primarily watch (baseball, basketball, MMA), but it's a great way to spend an afternoon - with a packed house it's a better viewing experience than any other sport.

hhenryhhh

Reaction score

Didn't see this thread. Been watching the Arsenal trade news and been getting more and more depressed with each report. Nothing that exciting coming in and Fabregas, Nasri (well, maybe not Nasri, but I can't see him being stellar this season, he kind of strikes me as the kind of player that would go out grudgingly and give mediocre performances), Clichy

Liverpool will definitely be the team to watch, I'm actually excited to see them and would not at all be surprised to see them sitting in 2nd or 3rd (did I just say that?). Too bad the Reds weren't able to secure Keisuke Honda, that would have been one hell of a squad
I had no idea that Liverpool were after Honda. I always figured he would end up in Serie A or something, but yeah, I'd like to see how he holds up in the Premier League for sure.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Kenny is going for a 1-8-1 formation :)

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The EPL still haven't got the fantasy site up and running. As soon as they do I'll set up a league for anyone interested.

In the meantime any hardcore fans interested in joing an English Championship league?

xudisco07

Reaction score
Is it me or did Suárez seem to be flopping the whole 2nd half? Both keepers had an amazing game. Missed the Pks, but it was really exciting before that.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I had no idea that Liverpool were after Honda.

I always figured he would end up in Serie A or something, but yeah, I'd like to see how he holds up in the Premier League for sure.
There were a few rumours from a way back, I think Liverpool dropped out after a number was given though (22mil?)

Actually, I did another news search and it seems the situation changed again. Last time I checked up on this CSKA wasn't willing to let him go to anyone, now it seems there may be more of an opportunity to transfer (rumours say Juventus)

Want to see more Japanese/Asian players make it to the big leagues.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Super MUSLERA.

But, jeezus, 52 fouls and 11 yellow cards? :facepalm:

Yeah - it was kind of scrappy. Messi got pounded as usual. I was surprised el Ruso Pérez wasn't sent off earlier. But the ref finally got him at like 20 minutes or so.

Oh Argentina. Somehow I get this aching feeling that you won't win anything legitimate in the course of my lifetime.:facepalm:

You play against a team a man up for 100 minutes, with four strikers on the field and can't convert anything?

Muslera was really impressive. Props to him. Hope he gets a lucrative contract somewhere big this summer.

Losing faith in Tevez. He didn't have a single shot on goal, and then *********** pooch with his botched penalty. Tack that onto all the red cards he picked up during WC qualification and I think it's time for Aguero to wear the 11 from here on out. Even beyond all this "return to Brazil" with Corinthians crap. El apache just doesn't seem to have it anymore. And why the hell was he playing in midfield?! He's not a passer like Messi is. Should've flipped that the instant Mascherano was sent off (for a weak challenge too).

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah - it was kind of scrappy. Messi got pounded as usual. I was surprised el Ruso Pérez wasn't sent off earlier. But the ref finally got him at like 20 minutes or so.

Oh Argentina. Somehow I get this aching feeling that you won't win anything legitimate in the course of my lifetime.:facepalm:

You play against a team a man up for 100 minutes, with four strikers on the field and can't convert anything?

Perez played as if he was trying to get sent off from the first minute.

I wish that match had been the final, not for the quality of the play but because I like both teams. The feeling in Argentina must be very depressed now, with these recent performances. What is the problem? Batista? The players not understanding each other? They just never seemed comfortable, although the Higuain/Aguero/Di Maria helped a bit. But today, again, they couldn't finish (although Muslera had something to do with that) and just didn't seem to flow.

The look on Batista's face when the match went to penalties....
Muslera was really impressive. Props to him. Hope he gets a lucrative contract somewhere big this summer.
Galatasaray? Lazio are really stupid to let him go, especially with their recent signings. But, apparently, Muslera wants out at all costs now. Too bad, as he has been a great keeper for them. I don't know if Tottenham are still interested.

Losing faith in Tevez. He didn't have a single shot on goal, and then *********** pooch with his botched penalty. Tack that onto all the red cards he picked up during WC qualification and I think it's time for Aguero to wear the 11 from here on out. Even beyond all this "return to Brazil" with Corinthians crap. El apache just doesn't seem to have it anymore. And why the hell was he playing in midfield?! He's not a passer like Messi is. Should've flipped that the instant Mascherano was sent off (for a weak challenge too).
Definitely agree with this. Aguero and Messi seem to play off each other much better than Tevez/Messi. I had no idea why he was playing where he was. He was ineffective or playing individually. Yes, I thought the Mascherano yellow was not really deserved, and the ref really affected the pace of that match way too much.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow - congrats Paraguay. Brazil choked big time.

Makes Argentina bowing out just a little bit easier to stomach.:fistbump:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads