• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw that yesterday. Bollockstelli must have seen that guy take the heel-struck penalty and got all 'inspired'. Moron. :facepalm:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The market is starting to heat up a bit....

The Top 10 so far according to La Gazzetta:
1. Sergio Aguero, €43M, Atletico Madrid > Manchester City
2. Fabio Coentrao, €30M, Benfica > Real Madrid
3. Alexis Sanchez, €26M, Udinese > Barcelona
4. Stewart Downing, €22.8M, Aston Villa > Liverpool
5. Manuel Neuer, €22M, Schalke 04 > Bayern Munich
6. Santi Cazorla, €21M, Villarreal > Malaga
7. David de Gea, €20M, Atletico Madrid > Manchester United
8. Phil Jones, €19.3M, dal Blackburn > Manchester United
9. Jordan Henderson, €18M, Sunderland > Liverpool
10. Ashley Young, €18M, Aston Villa > Manchester United

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of sad that each of those prices seem about 5 million more than what they "should be" valued...

Damn inflation.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No kidding, and things could get even crazier.

Some Russian team I had never heard of before today (Anzhi Makhachkala???...Roberto Carlos' latest team...) has apparently offered Inter €50M for Eto'o (he would never go there I think...I hope).
PSG (Leonardo is really cleaning up there after only 10 days on the job, impressive) and Chelsea are supposedly at €45M for Pastore.
PSG is also apparently offerring €40M for Ganso...that's absolutely nuts, as is RM's offer of €45M for Neymar.
Fabregas? Tevez? Sneijder? Rossi? Modric?

Then again, there are people like Hulk's agent claiming that "there have been offers" of up to €80M for him...right, uh-huh, sure....

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When Ronaldo was sold to RM two years ago - what was his price in comparison to these sales now? I read that the Aguero deal broke the record for most expensive move in English football history (previously held by ManCiteh for Robinho, I believe).

This crazy-money phase has to burst sometime. It's like the US housing market in 2007.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When Ronaldo was sold to RM two years ago - what was his price in comparison to these sales now? I read that the Aguero deal broke the record for most expensive move in English football history (previously held by ManCiteh for Robinho, I believe).

This crazy-money phase has to burst sometime. It's like the US housing market in 2007.

Most expensive purchase by an English team, but not most expensive deal overall; the Ronaldo transfer was more expensive.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Most expensive purchase by an English team, but not most expensive deal overall; the Ronaldo transfer was more expensive.

Yes - you're right. I meant purchase by an English team.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to Wikinsanity, Ronaldo is the highest ever at £81M, and Torres is the highest Prem purchase at £50M, then Aguero, then Carroll, then Robinho, all adjusted for inflation in £.

Real Madrid...crazy: 4 of the top 6 buys, 1 of the top 12 sells.

transferfees.jpg

Last edited:

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
And the top 2 spots were Real during the same year

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tullytra

Reaction score
What's the best way for me to get Liverpool tickets in the secondary market? I checked the club website a while ago, but my chances weren't too high for getting them directly from them; and the packages are a bit much for not much added value in my view. I'm wondering if there's a decent website where tickets aren't too outlandish (I realize I'll probably have to pay at least double face value), or if grabbing some from a scalper is the way to go. Also, is it easier to get tickets to games away from Anfield? I'd like to go there, but if I can grab better tickets at a place such as Tottenham, Everton, Aston Villa, Fulham or Chelsea I wouldn't be opposed to that route. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's the best way for me to get Liverpool tickets in the secondary market? I checked the club website a while ago, but my chances weren't too high for getting them directly from them; and the packages are a bit much for not much added value in my view. I'm wondering if there's a decent website where tickets aren't too outlandish (I realize I'll probably have to pay at least double face value), or if grabbing some from a scalper is the way to go. Also, is it easier to get tickets to games away from Anfield? I'd like to go there, but if I can grab better tickets at a place such as Tottenham, Everton, Aston Villa, Fulham or Chelsea I wouldn't be opposed to that route. Thanks in advance.

Your best bet is going to be an away game against a side like Wigan, West Brom, Bolton, or Blackburn, or a home match against one of these sides. Liverpool usually have a very high attendance, but it'll be noticeably lower against a side like Wigan, whereas the reverse fixture (at the DW Stadium) is likely to see a higher attendance than normal matches, because the Latics are playing against a "big" side.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sona Umar