• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So long, A Suitable Wardrobe...

TexasDan

Reaction score
GwargI would be happy to do so, but I have already deleted the bookmarks once I found they did not work.:embar:

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Will was paying RJ to write. I haven't talked to RJ about it, but if people here really like his writing, someone should just organize some kind of subscription service.

Maybe RJ thinks this is an idiotic idea, so this could be all for moot, but seriously: people write on a regular basis when it pays. If people here really like his stuff (which includes me), we can figure out some kind of service where people pay for his articles.

Everyone laments Will taking his blog down, but TBH, I wonder how many people here ever bought something from ASW. If you're going to call it a bad business move, you should remember that Will paid a good wage for his writers. You can't expect something for free year-in year-out if you never bought anything.

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I notices the old articles I had bookmarked are no longer available which is too bad. Will had some of most well written advice I have seen posted.

There are about 50 articles up now, admittedly not many. There are another thousand in the process of being updated and re-written. More of them will appear once the developer fixes some problems we've encountered as we've added content.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I leave for a year and return to find the world has changed. I always enjoyed Will's articles.

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suits and Boots, your link works and the whole ASW archives can be saved on PC or Mac. I saved it and, while it does redirect to the current site in a few seconds, this small bit can be fixed. Thank you. I like to think that if The Bruce Boyer would have set up a blog, it would be like ASW. That's my highest form of compliments. Most classic style sites for men are, after all, copies of A Suitable Wardrobe.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suits and Boots, your link works and the whole ASW archives can be saved on PC or Mac. I saved it and, while it does redirect to the current site in a few seconds, this small bit can be fixed. Thank you. I like to think that if The Bruce Boyer would have set up a blog, it would be like ASW. That's my highest form of compliments. Most classic style sites for men are, after all, copies of A Suitable Wardrobe.

Can you explain how to do this?

I seem to only be able to scroll one by one as well, which means it'll take me several hours of clicking to get to the beginning, and no hope of finding anything in an expedient manner. Also, it would mean starting over every time the browser accidently closes.

I have Windows 7, for what it's worth.

Last edited:

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How did you save it?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone laments Will taking his blog down, but TBH, I wonder how many people here ever bought something from ASW. If you're going to call it a bad business move, you should remember that Will paid a good wage for his writers. You can't expect something for free year-in year-out if you never bought anything.
This.

Generally, you have to love what you do to be really successful at it, but even with all the love, it has to make fiscal sense. There are clearly exceptions to the rule, but the Venn diagram of people who are independently wealthy and also want to devote a lot of their time and resources to doing things for free is extremely limited.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Given that StyFo Dudes seem to want free writing from ASW, and StyFo wants traffic, maybe StyleForum should license some of the material from ASW's archives.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads