• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Club Monaco chinos fit pretty damn slim, just tossing it out there

Originally Posted by thinksimple

Cosign on that--the new Davis cut (I think?) is encroaching on W+H territory. I loved the olive ones, but I already have a pair of West Points.

these must be different than the ones I tried in store a couple months ago which had a terrible lower cut and no taper.

kraands

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Club Monaco chinos fit pretty damn slim, just tossing it out there

x2

I've tried on a lot of "slim fit" chinos and CM's fit me best by far.

Scooba

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bougiecrew
they're expensive but i think these are what i've been looking for. if anyone has these or has tried them on, let me know how they fit.

http://shop.acnestudios.com/shop/men...ght-khaki.html

If you're willing to pay that much money, save yourself $100 and get some from Epaulet
teacha.gif

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big time sale coming up ...

40% off all dockers ... free shipping period

Waders are still my favourite till this day.

bombers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
Big time sale coming up ...

40% off all dockers ... free shipping period

Waders are still my favourite till this day.

they need more colors and inseam lengths. Would be their best product they put out if they do that. srs.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't much like the fabric but the fit on SF tapered/waders is nice.
Agreed about the need for better inseam lengths tho. They are really fitted & TTS to say the least.
I'd really like more 36 x 34s... the only place that seems to have em is Zappos (bah) in limited colors.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
For small-timer philistines like me, Banana Republic just introduced some sort of slim fit khaki line. Have no idea how they fit, just fyi ballaz.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ice86x
You guys are probably not going to like this, but if you want a cheap alternative, UO's BDG Skinny Stretch Chino actually fits really slim.

Pics:

aeqy2q.jpg
2e3vker.jpg
6fzapz.jpg

I tried them on, they look like janitor pants. There's certain details about them that are just off putting in person. This might be a kind of weird suggestion... but JCPenney has these "American Living" chinos that are somewhat cool. Out of the box they are awful, but they damn near have a drop crotch, fit true to size, and w/a taper down to a 7.5" leg (at least in size 32) they look great

kraands

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
For small-timer philistines like me, Banana Republic just introduced some sort of slim fit khaki line. Have no idea how they fit, just fyi ballaz.

If they're anything like the rest of the "slim fit" BR clothes, they won't be slim at all.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
anyone here know if the Dickies Skinny Straight Fit Double Knee Work Pant runs TTS?
They run a little smaller than 511s. I have to size up to fit my legs over my 511 size. If you've got skinny legs, try tts first. They're only $25/pair, get a couple. Oh, and get a seam ripper. Those tags are obnoxious. Also, I still prefer the 511 trousers over the Dickies, but they're alright.

parc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
I tried them on, they look like janitor pants. There's certain details about them that are just off putting in person.

This might be a kind of weird suggestion... but JCPenney has these "American Living" chinos that are somewhat cool. Out of the box they are awful, but they damn near have a drop crotch, fit true to size, and w/a taper down to a 7.5" leg (at least in size 32) they look great

Originally Posted by ice86x
You guys are probably not going to like this, but if you want a cheap alternative, UO's BDG Skinny Stretch Chino actually fits really slim.

Pics:

aeqy2q.jpg
2e3vker.jpg
6fzapz.jpg

I own a pair of the plaid lined version and agree with Cool Kid to some extent. They feel a tad too bright and look as though a custodians work wear. They are also vanity size (I got them in my true size and they feel like skinny jeans).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone heard of IOU chinos? I read a little article on them today and have been eying their offerings and at that price I'm tempted to drop the cash.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads