• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meso
I haven't seen a fit pic of WvG chinos that look particularly slim fit either. Appreciate what Muro is up to, but I prefer some taper.

I ended up getting them slimmed down and tapered and now they fit like a dream, but off the rack the fit was a bit off on me. That being said, the chinos are really well made and I've yet to find chinos with that quality of fabric and colour at a reasonable price point.

Originally Posted by 89andy
I honestly don't understand the point of buying expensive chinos that don't have the fit you want and instead size down and need a tailor to get everything to fit. Why not buy cheaper ones and do that instead?

Because most stuff doesn't fit perfectly off the rack and needs to get tailored anyways. And I got my WvG chinos for an insanely low price (like stupid low) so I didn't mind dropping some $$ to play around with them at my tailor.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly think expensive pieces are the ONLY thing worth taking to the tailor, why bother with all that effort and extra cash for a poorly constructed garment? I'm personally waiting until the end of summer to pick up a pair of Epaulet 12 oz. chinos, and getting them tapered to a 7" hem.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
anyone know where I can get some brick/burgundy ish slim chinos? I wanted to try those LEC ones but soldout in my size.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HOT Sriracha
anyone know where I can get some brick/burgundy ish slim chinos? I wanted to try those LEC ones but soldout in my size.

I got a brick wader for sale. 34x30

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by newyork20
Not sure if someone has mentioned this already. I recently got a pair of Dockers slim khakis and they fit absolutely great. They also have a lot of width/length combinations which makes it easy to find the perfect fit regardless of being too tall or too short. You can see them here. The ones I got are the D1 but they also have D0 which is extra slim.
There's a reason that the search function exists. Not to be an ass... but had you used it, you would have realized that half the posts in the last 30 pages were about Dockers... including the ones you posted, which the general consensus is pretty much that they're lacking in taper.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The reviews on the BB website say size up one on the BB Milano... But I have a feeling they are the old guys that dress anything but slim.

Anyone here have sizing advice?

Reginald Bartholomew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
The reviews on the BB website say size up one on the BB Milano... But I have a feeling they are the old guys that dress anything but slim.

Anyone here have sizing advice?

I sized down one. They fit wasn't crazy slim, but slim enough for my taste.

thinksimple

Reaction score
Originally Posted by swisschalet
Does anybody know if you can find the dockers sf tapered around Toronto?

I believe the Bay at the Eaton Centre does.

Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Club Monaco chinos fit pretty damn slim, just tossing it out there

Cosign on that--the new Davis cut (I think?) is encroaching on W+H territory. I loved the olive ones, but I already have a pair of West Points.

matt22616

Reaction score
Eh, I would actually size up one to be safe. You'll have to take in the waist, but at 31X32 the rise is 9.5", which is a tad too nut-crushing for me. My mabitex w/ 9.75" rise fit me perfectly, and they were 32"s that I took in at the waist. Anybody have rise measurements for a pair of BB milanos?

ice86x

Reaction score
You guys are probably not going to like this, but if you want a cheap alternative, UO's BDG Skinny Stretch Chino actually fits really slim.

Pics:

aeqy2q.jpg
2e3vker.jpg
6fzapz.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics