• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks, but what if there are six of us, three from Asia three from US, will there be two different prices for the two groups of three from different zones? For example USD347 for the asian buyers and USD450 for the ones reside in the US, two prices in the SAME GMTO order?

Yes, this is correct. This is standard policy for us, we do this all the time for every GMTO. No biggie.

walkthetalk

Reaction score
@ThunderMarch , yes I have been waiting for this! I am likely in. However, I do have a preference for a non-norvegese design - much like the picture that Skoak posted.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enzo Bonafé Reverse Split Toe

Hi guys, a lot of you have expressed an interest in MTOs and GMTOs for this style (reference 3964). Previously I wanted to hold off a bit on orders as we were waiting for our own line of these for the store and also a large GMTO of the same style. As these are now in production I feel that we can accept new orders for this style. Due to the fact that there goes a lot of man-hours into this style, and only one artisan in the factory can make it, the lead time will be about 6 months for MTOs and GMTOs. We will only accept smaller batches of this series because of this. We cannot make this style in Cordovan or Tärnsjö as these materials are too thick for the apron hand stitching. This style will be a Skoaktiebolaget Exclusive.

For everyone that participated in the GMTO, please be patient, we will send you more info regarding the order within a couple of weeks.

I can't think of specific details like sole and welt but maybe flat welt, some type of rubber sole.

Hidro Walnut suede?
Jasper suede?
Tabacco suede?
Sienna Hatch Grain?
Dark Brown Hatch Grain?
Inca 6120?
Inca 6127?

I am open to hearing make ups in any mid to dark brown really and suggestions on specifics but I would love to do something. I will try and narrow down my excitement haha.

Edit: Ok I think my top choices would be a mid or dark brown suede, or a dark hatch grain.

Last edited:

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put me down as interested in the split-toe. I'm also leaning against the Norvegese - while I do like Norvegese, I feel like this will be too much of a contrast with the finesse of the split-toe stitching. The dark suede and dark hatch grain idea sounds pretty nice to me.

Last edited:

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't think of specific details like sole and welt but maybe flat welt, some type of rubber sole.

Hidro Walnut suede?
Jasper suede?
Tabacco suede?
Sienna Hatch Grain?
Dark Brown Hatch Grain?
Inca 6120?
Inca 6127?

I am open to hearing make ups in any mid to dark brown really and suggestions on specifics but I would love to do something. I will try and narrow down my excitement haha.

Edit: Ok I think my top choices would be a mid or dark brown suede, or a dark hatch grain.

I'm very interested in this makeup. My preference would be:

946 last
sienna hatch grain
natural welt
270 degree handwelt
bombe rounded waist (not the japanese blake waist)
single leather sole

supern0va

Reaction score

This is incredible incredible news.
I'll not waste any more time.
I would like to propose a GMTO for this model (sorry to plagiarize @watchidiot)

Screenshot_2016-08-31-20-07-07_zps2asqqjmj.jpg

The EB "Hunt" model.
With the "reverse split toe" round closed stitch.
In some shade of brown.
Chained norvegese.
Rubber soles.

Calling all members who have previously expressed interest
@EUtroll
@tdes81
@bloodyj13
@walkthetalk
@supern0va

And also @ecwy and also @namtp2610 (if you're interested).

Guys, let's make this happen !

Thanks @ThunderMarch! count me in!
Some texture on the leather seems interesting. Maybe hatched grain like the G&G hove in skoak's store, if not inca or lama leather? Ok for brown.

Last wise, would 804 or 74945 work? I prefer 804, fits me very well.

And for soles, I have been wanting something in millerighe sole but have not had a chance. Would it work for this shoe?

Lastly, 270 or 360 chained norvegese? If we do 270 we may be able to couple it with a 100% handwelted bombe waist so it's slim at the waist. Something like this (though different maker):

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm planning on trying to start up my own GMTO here, as I'd like a sleeker version of this model. Here are my thoughts:

* Model 3964 (NST with reverse split toe)
* 946 Last
* Inca 6127 (dark tan grain), see here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/504550/enzo-bonaf-mto-and-gmto-central/0_30
* 270 norvegese stitching
* Bombe rounded waist (*not* the japanese blake rounded waist)
* Natural colored welt
* Single leather sole

Any takers?

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something about that Split Toe 3964 design I think looks really elegant on a smooth leather, especially with a slight burnish, and a nice shine. Just like the initial picture. I feel like the workmanship won't "look" the same with a suede or grained leather.

But these are all interesting ideas, and its a pretty model. Not a fan of Norvegese on this model.

And @tdes81 I do wonder what it would look like on the 946...

Personally, I think it would look lights out in Burnished Aubergine Calf, Burnished Burgundy, or Burnished Navy with a medium brown flat 270 welt & millerghie sole.

Last edited:

Iyor

Reaction score
Would prefer this in regular calf also, but preferably burnished navy
Something about that Split Toe 3964 design I think looks really elegant on a smooth leather, especially with a slight burnish, and a nice shine.  Just like the initial picture.  I feel like the workmanship won't "look" the same with a suede or grained leather. 

But these are all interesting ideas, and its a pretty model.  Not a fan of Norvegese on this model.    

And @tdes81
 I do wonder what it would look like on the 946... 

Personally, I think it would look lights out in Vitello Burnished Burgundy, or Burnished Navy with a medium brown flat 270 welt.  

Agree. I'd prefer burnished navy, but I'm not particular on the welt color.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks @ThunderMarch! count me in!
Some texture on the leather seems interesting. Maybe hatched grain like the G&G hove in skoak's store, if not inca or lama leather? Ok for brown.

Last wise, would 804 or 74945 work? I prefer 804, fits me very well.

And for soles, I have been wanting something in millerighe sole but have not had a chance. Would it work for this shoe?

Lastly, 270 or 360 chained norvegese? If we do 270 we may be able to couple it with a 100% handwelted bombe waist so it's slim at the waist. Something like this (though different maker):

I would be in on almost any makeup with the norvegese/bombe waist combo.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something about that Split Toe 3964 design I think looks really elegant on a smooth leather, especially with a slight burnish, and a nice shine. Just like the initial picture. I feel like the workmanship won't "look" the same with a suede or grained leather.

But these are all interesting ideas, and its a pretty model. Not a fan of Norvegese on this model.

And @tdes81 I do wonder what it would look like on the 946...

Personally, I think it would look lights out in Burnished Aubergine Calf, Burnished Burgundy, or Burnished Navy with a medium brown flat 270 welt & millerghie sole.

I'm really on the market for a midbrown NST, so I'm not too interested in burgundy or navy. I could do the burnished aubergine however...

I think the 946 would probably be the perfect last for this model. I really like the look of an NST on a chiseled last, for example these St. Crispin's on the riva last:

Iyor

Reaction score

I'm really on the market for a midbrown NST, so I'm not too interested in burgundy or navy. I could do the burnished aubergine however...

I think the 946 would probably be the perfect last for this model.  I really like the look of an NST on a chiseled last, for example these St. Crispin's on the riva last:

EB has aubergine calf? The riva is a round toe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads