• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in doing a re-run of these?

In other words, the black captoe on the 804 last from the January GMTO.

I think in addition to you, @Spurious , @mockingboy , and I have expressed strong interest and @budapest12 has expressed tentative interest while he considers sizing. That's four, maybe five. Anyone else interested?

I don't think the version on the 74945 last about to be restocked would work for me.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing my GG Balfours for first time today and really love them.
Talk about a tease! Pics needed
bounce2.gif

Spurious

Reaction score

In other words, the black captoe on the 804 last from the January GMTO.

I think in addition to you, @Spurious
 ,  @mockingboy
, and I have expressed strong interest and @budapest12
 has expressed tentative interest while he considers sizing.  That's four, maybe five.  Anyone else interested? 

I don't think the version on the 74945 last about to be restocked would work for me.

Sorry, I might have mistakenly done something that was unintended. They look beautiful but I have a lot of captoes, so I'm not in.

bloodyj13

Reaction score
It's here with me, finally! I love it much particularly the leather quality. just got one question, can it be resole? as it's not 100% hand welted, correct me if im wrong.

thanks!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

It's here with me, finally! I love it much particularly the leather quality. just got one question, can it be resole? as it's not 100% hand welted, correct me if im wrong. thanks!
If it's a Blake Rapid style then any skilled cobbler can replace the sole. If it's "Japanese" constructed or hand welted style you should send it back to Enzo Bonafè for a re-sole as no cobbler I know of can hand welt a replacement, even if they could they don't have access to the original last. Only draw back of sending the shoes to the factory for a re-sole is that it requires a bit of paper work if you are a non-EU resident. If you don't fill out the proper customs forms or do it incorrectly you will be hit with customs and or VAT.

bloodyj13

Reaction score

If it's a Blake Rapid style then any skilled cobbler can replace the sole. If it's "Japanese" constructed or hand welted style you should send it back to Enzo Bonafè for a re-sole as no cobbler I know of can hand welt a replacement, even if they could they don't have access to the original last. Only draw back of sending the shoes to the factory for a re-sole is that it requires a bit of paper work if you are a
non-EU resident. If you don't fill out the proper customs forms or do it incorrectly you will be hit with customs and or VAT.

Thanks!

supern0va

Reaction score

In other words, the black captoe on the 804 last from the January GMTO.

I think in addition to you, @Spurious
 ,  @mockingboy
, and I have expressed strong interest and @budapest12
 has expressed tentative interest while he considers sizing.  That's four, maybe five.  Anyone else interested? 

I'd be interested in this makeup in 804. Can I request for metal toe taps and a different coloured lining eg purple? Thanks.

@Count de Monet
@thecool85

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in this makeup in 804. Can I request for metal toe taps and a different coloured lining eg purple? Thanks.

@Count de Monet
@thecool85

My understanding is the lining color can be chosen at no extra charge but it has to be the same color for all in the group. My slight preference would be for dark red (#10 bordeaux goat on their wheel) but no particular color would be a deal maker for me. BTW their purple is "#11Violet goat."

I have no idea about whether toe taps could be earmarked for only one customer or not. There would surely be an upcharge for that, though I haven't made that inquiry since I have no particular interest in toe taps..

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My understanding is the lining color can be chosen at no extra charge but it has to be the same color for all in the group.  My slight preference would be for dark red (#10 bordeaux goat on their wheel) but no particular color would be a deal maker for me.  BTW their purple is "#11Violet goat."

I have no idea about whether toe taps could be earmarked for only one customer or not.  There would surely be an upcharge for that, though I haven't made that inquiry since I have no particular interest in toe taps..

The all for one, one for all principle also applies for toe taps. All details within a gmto must be the same absolutely, except size.

thecool85

Reaction score

My understanding is the lining color can be chosen at no extra charge but it has to be the same color for all in the group.  My slight preference would be for dark red (#10 bordeaux goat on their wheel) but no particular color would be a deal maker for me.  BTW their purple is "#11Violet goat."

I have no idea about whether toe taps could be earmarked for only one customer or not.  There would surely be an upcharge for that, though I haven't made that inquiry since I have no particular interest in toe taps..

Lining color makes no difference to me. I could go with purple or Bordeaux. As for toe taps, they're not a necessity for me but I suppose it would be best to figure out what the up charge is before making a decision one way or another. Let's take this discussion to PMs though so we don't spam the thread.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads