• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lartiste

Reaction score
Maiden Voyage: Chestnut St James II. They are like sex for my feet.

You mean you wear them like 5 seconds a day?
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif

Very nice shoes indeed!

Last edited:

lartiste

Reaction score
In the wild
Enzo Bonafe
Last 773 - Vitello Gianmaica calf + Hidro Walnut suede

Thanks to Gabriel, the sizing was spot on. I wear the same size as Carmina rain last. The instep is a little roomier and the heels grab my ankles better.

Break in is almost non-existent and quite similar to Vass. Very comfortable and easy to wear.

You can also see my N&F elephant 4 fading nicely in the background (in hindsight that was a bad decision as I've left a bit of indigo on the shoes after a full day - which I now have to clean.)

Really like the combo, very nice shoes!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

In for Glencoe in tan kudu. The wait begins.

Hey @Skoaktiebolaget @Leaves, can you tell us more about that buffalo leather your have coming up? Is it water buffalo or American Bison?

I honestly do not know.

darkoak

Reaction score

Gentlemen,

We now have 9 members interested in our GMTO for the basket-weave Chelseas. Patrik has indicated that the cost will be 3200 SEK ex vat (about $378 at the current exchange rate), plus shipping.

We' re about evenly divided between going with tomir or leather soles. I'm hoping we get enough interest so that we can divide up our orders between the two sole options. Here's the breakdown so far -

Tomir
TtownMD
nickrut
Me

Leather
armsignet
Keal79

Either/Unstated Preference
SoGent
jackster145
cigarMan
Shahamir

Please PM me if interested.

I'm in for Tomir

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the wild
Enzo Bonafe

Thanks to Gabriel, the sizing was spot on. I wear the same size as Carmina rain last. The instep is a little roomier and the heels grab my ankles better.

Break in is almost non-existent and quite similar to Vass. Very comfortable and easy to wear.

You can also see my N&F elephant 4 fading nicely in the background (in hindsight that was a bad decision as I've left a bit of indigo on the shoes after a full day - which I now have to clean.)

This is fantastic. I wanna do this exact makeup except in Bolet Calf and Tobacco Suede. I'll be sending you a PM as I have a couple more questions sir.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ScottMC

Reaction score
@Leaves Any ETA for the Carmina 80391 Adelaide Oxford in Polo Suede? Will it have contrasting edge trim like the Manolo collaboration, or something darker?

Last edited:

GabrielOB

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In the wild
Enzo Bonafe

Thanks for sharing. I am glad you like them, they look fantastic!
Welcome on board! The email to Gabriel is [email protected]. Just ask him and he will provide you necessary asistance... .
I sure will :)

GG on maiden voyage
Looking good. The Chestnut has a great depth and the patina is too good to state with words.

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a noob question for you folks...go easy on me! I understand that G&G and St. Crispins make goodyear welted shoes, however I'm a bit confused. My only real experience with a 360* welt or a goodyear welt is with Allen Edmonds, where you can see the stitching. How do these other brands still do a welt without the stitching showing? Do they glue on another piece of leather to hide the stitching?

Thanks in advance!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a noob question for you folks...go easy on me! I understand that G&G and St. Crispins make goodyear welted shoes, however I'm a bit confused. My only real experience with a 360* welt or a goodyear welt is with Allen Edmonds, where you can see the stitching. How do these other brands still do a welt without the stitching showing? Do they glue on another piece of leather to hide the stitching?

Thanks in advance!
You are correct that G&G make goodyear welted shoes, but St. Crispin's are not. They are hand welted.

You should not be able to see the stitching on any goodyear welted shoe with a flat welt. Edit. You will see the stitching connecting the welt to the sole, but I'm not exactly sure what stitching you are referencing. Perhaps your AE have storm welt where there is an additional piece of leather sewn between the sole and upper for additional water resistance.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads