• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Chan

Jsoftz

Reaction score

Surprising for a 4th suit.

Yeah both of us are on our 4th suit/sc and the back is still not clean.

My size has changed significantly throughout that period - but Limniscate's has not.

When they come to Dallas next week I am going to order a new SC.. I might ask for a basted fitting which they charge extra for, but my back continues to be messy..

Last edited:

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Limniscate: got it. If a tug on the vents doesn't clear up (some of) those wrinkles, then Chan may have quite a bit of work to do..

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah both of us are on our 4th suit/sc and the back is still not clean.

My size has changed significantly throughout that period - but Limniscate's has not.

When they come to Dallas next week I am going to order a new SC.. I might ask for a basted fitting which they charge extra for, but my back continues to be messy..

The basted fitting is key. Every cloth behaves differently. I can't believe you guys skip that especially when you know your shoulders are asymmetric. You can get them to try to fix it after the fact, but I suspect they can do much more adjustment at the basted fitting stage.

Limniscate

Reaction score

The basted fitting is key. Every cloth behaves differently. I can't believe you guys skip that especially when you know your shoulders are asymmetric. You can get them to try to fix it after the fact, but I suspect they can do much more adjustment at the basted fitting stage.

I did a basted fitting on my first suit (Minnis Fresco 0520). It's shown here:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/127218/show-us-your-chan/675#post_7230480

The back looks perfect in the fitting but didn't come out that way in the final form.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had more than the usual four (?) inside pockets in a Chan coat recently out of interest?

Limniscate

Reaction score
He lowered the fishtail on the Fresco suit and told me that high-rise trousers won't drape as well. The Lesser should have a lower rise than the Fresco.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone had more than the usual four (?) inside pockets in a Chan coat recently out of interest?

I had a coat made with four internal pockets. It does work.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that your normal choice for suit jackets?

Yes because I like to have both cig and name card pocket.

Jsoftz

Reaction score

Well, I ordered a new SC in Glorious Twelfth (Gun Club Check) when Chan came to Dallas this week. I sprung for the basted fitting, so we'll see.

Again, a lot of this is on me due to my own weight fluctuations. I had @Limniscate take a picture of my back on the suit I wore to the meeting - my first ever Chan commission that was recently altered. I was actually pleasantly surprised

FYI This is a Smith Woollens Excel 110

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seeing Chan next week in Dallas. Here are some shots of my latest (4th suit): H. Lesser 8-9 oz. book 306

I'm really not too happy with the back. It's way worse than my first suit:

You have trousers with fishtail and plain back, those with plain back look cleaner, you back pockets vary as well, two or just one on the left. Any particular reason for these variations?

Limniscate

Reaction score
I switched to the plain back because Patrick said that it would be cleaner. He altered the fishtail back on the Minnis 0520 (my first suit) by lowering it. If you look back at earlier posts in this thread, you'll see that it was originally higher. According to Patrick, my hollowed out small-of-the-back makes it difficult to have high waisted pants. He said that it would be ideal for me to wear my pants at my hips, but I don't like the way pants look on me when worn that low because I think that it makes my torso look too long.

I regret getting the fishtail back with pockets and was not aware that, traditionally, a fishtail back should be accompanied with no pockets. I speculate that, functionally, it has to do with the lack of waist band at the back thus making the pockets contribute to a sag.

I switched to one pocket because I don't really ever use a rear right pocket when wearing my suits and removed the button for faster access to my money clip and a cleaner look.

Patrick is going to alter the H. Lesser jacket by taking it in. He did caution that I would lose the ability to let out the waist with the proposed changes.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads